Reisal

Connection speeds

http://www.testmy.net

Pimp your connection speed here

If you have an ad-blocker on, turn if off briefly to run the test

:::Download Stats:::
Connection is: 2583 kbps about 3 Mbit
Download Speed is: 315 Kb/sec
Auth Code: 2038746 (validate a http://www.testmy.net)
Bottom Line: 46 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 3 second(s)

:::Upload Stats:::
Connection is: 900 kbps about 1 Mbit
Upload Speed is: 110 Kb/sec
Auth Code: 263501 (Validate at http://www.testmy.net)
Bottom Line: 27 times faster than 56K, you can upload 1MB in 9 second(s)

Hmmm...OOL usually averages 5 to 10 mbit down, must be my older (3com Sharkfin) modem. I've gotten as much as 1.5 mb/s on a very fast server, but for like 10-15 seconds before it goes down to 300-400 kb/s.

fodders said:

Why would anyone be interested?

I think he was trying to brag... anyone can have a large pipe if you pay for the attachment.

Mr. Chris said:

I've gotten as much as 1.5 mb/s on a very fast server, but for like 10-15 seconds before it goes down to 300-400 kb/s.

you realize that's probably because browsers download files while you're selecting a spot for them to be copied to, but don't take the amount or time dled into consideration for the k/s calculations. So your browser thinks you've been downloading for 0 seconds yet you have a certain percentage of the file (more than 0) so it thinks you've just dled it really fast. The constant and consistant speed of dl is what you're actually getting from that server

I went to several and I got all kinds of results.. My best down was 775kbps. and up was 285kbps on my Sprintlink DSL modem..

EDIT: I pay 65/month :|

The test doesn't seem to be working. Might be because I'm seeding three BitTorrents right now, two at ~50 kb/s up.

Stupid American-based testing thing. I only got 23kb/sec, yet I can download at around 500kb/sec from Australian hosts.

227 over 50. But whatever works. All I care about is that I can download a 26 episode anime series in less than a day, which gives me something to watch when I'm bored. Aside from that, I don't really take advantage of it.

I'll tell you it's too low, and yay. :P

I'd be better off with dial-up. I have Charter Cable.

Tyockell said:

my intreneat gos 1 sped

Been drinking Robitussin in large amounts again?

Am I the only one here that has free, and I mean FREE, internet access? I'm at UT Dallas, and I interface with their wireless network.

Not as fast as the cable modem I used to have back at home, sadly, but still a lot faster than that stone-age dial-up ;)

Python_Junkie said:

Am I the only one here that has free, and I mean FREE, internet access? I'm at UT Dallas, and I interface with their wireless network.

Not as fast as the cable modem I used to have back at home, sadly, but still a lot faster than that stone-age dial-up ;)

no, my t3 was 'free' except not really because staying in the dorms does cost money and it's in the cost somewhere.

i always think it's funny when people say something is 'free' when it's bundled into something else. e.g. 'free public transportation' when you're really paying quite a bit as part of your taxes.

Connection is: 2717 kbps about 3 Mbit
Download Speed is: 332 Kb/sec
Bottom Line: 49 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 3 second(s)

Connection is: 1507 kbps about 2 Mbit
Upload Speed is: 184 Kb/sec
Bottom Line: 45 times faster than 56K, you can upload 1MB in 6 second(s)

HAHAHA MY CONNECTION IS FASTER THAN MR CHRIS I WIN YOU LOSE SUCKER!!

it says 431-459kbps down and 134kbps up.

Whereas dslreports gives me 511 down (I'm on 512k cable) and 110 up. I think the dslreports one is more accurate, as I know I can download faster than 56kb/sec.

:::Download Stats:::
Connection is: 7340 kbps about 7 Mbit
Download Speed is: 896 Kb/sec
Auth Code: 2110101 (validate a http://www.testmy.net)
Bottom Line: 131 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 1 second(s)

Odd...I often download at 1.8m/sec rather than 896k/sec

Edit: I retested about 6 times, and each time it said this:

You need to RE-TEST my friend, there is no way you scored that high, dont worry... This is most likely a server-side error, or somehow the test is in your browser cache... if you have this problem repeatedly please post in the FORUM under "HELP" for help :) ---- all scores over 8000 kbps are kicked out!

sargebaldy said:

no, my t3 was 'free' except not really because staying in the dorms does cost money and it's in the cost somewhere.

i always think it's funny when people say something is 'free' when it's bundled into something else. e.g. 'free public transportation' when you're really paying quite a bit as part of your taxes.

Well, I used the term "free" in the common sense. You do have a point. As economists say, TINSTAAFL (There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)...

Your connection is: 2435 kbps (about 2 Mbit)
You downloaded at: 297 KB/sec

well, thats accurate. i am not suprised from @home cable being soo damn fast.