Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Fav Mario (Bros.) Game

Whats your fav Mario (Bros.) game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your fav Mario (Bros.) game?

• Super Mario Bros. 1 or 2 (NES)
    • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
    • Super Mario World (SNES)
    • Super Mario 64 (N64)
    • Gameboy Mario Games (GB, GBA)
    • Paper Mario (N64)
    • Luigi`s Mansion (GC)
    • Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
    • Super Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    • Dr. Mario (SNES, or NES?)
    • Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    • Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 and Super Mario Kart. Those are my favorites. Especially Mario Kart. Excellent multiplayer fun!

The original Super Mario Bros. brings back a ton of memories, and it was a lot of fun when I was a wee lad of seven years. SMBs 2 and 3 were also great games, Mario 64 was the biggest but not necessarily the best.
I'd have to say SMB3. It was the last NES 2D Mario game that had you saving the princess from Bowser, and it was the best looking, and it was fun as hell.

Hmm, probably the hacked up one on C64, made out of a game that was sued for ripping off Mario in the first place, heheh. The other one that brings back good memories is the first one that was released on SNES..whatever they called it. Super Mario Brothers maybe, I lost track.

CyRaptor said:
Yoshi's Island

Wasn't actually a Mario game. It was a Yoshi game to be technical :p. It just guest starred Mario.

Use3D said:
The other one that brings back good memories is the first one that was released on SNES..whatever they called it. Super Mario Brothers maybe, I lost track.

That would be Super Mario World :)

/me looks at the vacant spot taht says "Senior Member"

You really need a custom title.

Use3D said:

The other one that brings back good memories is the first one that was released on SNES..whatever they called it. Super Mario Brothers maybe, I lost track.

SNES, Super Mario World
But if you mean NES, then it's Super Mario Bros

Speaking of Super Mario World, here's something interesting I found on an NIN board:

Did anyone notice that the fortress boss' in Super Mario World that move on rotating platforms have the word Reznor painted in the middle of the platforms?
Whats the connection if there is any? I did notice that the enemies in Mario World are named after musicians (Iggy, Lemmy, Rip Van Fish, Ludwig Von Koopa etc..).

I found this article about NIN in games:

Nine Inch Nails In Video Games

Everyone knows that Trent Reznor is a big fan of video games,
but interestingly enough, some video game makers are, apparently,
also big fans of his.

In Super Mario World for SNES , in level 4 castle (or maybe 3 or 5) and the end boss was a group of about four rhino-like creatures on a rotating machine, each on its own platform. On the side of this machine in what looks like spraypaint is the word 'REZNOR'.

If you watch the end credits of the Super Nintendo Game Super Mario
World, you'll notice that one of the enemy characters in the game is
called a "Reznor."

On the fourth stage of level three in the gameboy game Donkey Kong
Land, you'll find a secret cannon which will take you to a bonus room.
In the room, the floating banannas are shaped like a NiN symbol
(complete with the backwards n).

If you study some of the maps of ID Software's computer game Doom
(trent's favorite game) carefully, you'll find NiN symbols hidden
in them.

In the game Street Fighter II, in the background of the Las Vegas
stage (the place with all the flashing neon lights where you fight
the boxer), a NiN symbol is lit up in neon lights.

Trent Reznor and other members of Nine Inch Nails made all of the
music and sound effects for the ID Software computer game Quake.
In the game, the ammunition for the nail gun weapon comes in boxes
with NiN symbols on them.

No Shit, Sherlock

Well, excuse me. I only started listening to NIN about a year ago, and the last time I played Super Mario World was maybe 6 years ago, or any of the other games for that matter, except Quake which I don't even like much.

SMB3, I have been a grand master to that game, I have at least played it like 1000hours, so I know what I talk about. :P
Smw is cool too, but I serious have more memories of SMB3. :)

Yoshi's island

and SMW was cool too. Haven't played SMB3 yet, but I will when it comes out to gameboy in october.

Yoshi's Island was no less of a Mario game than Luigi's Mansion, and you could play as Mario at certain points in the game. And besides that it's pretty much the best game ever.

No Mario Golf (N64), NES Open Tournament Golf (NES), Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) or Super Mario 64 (N64)?

Mr. Chris said:

Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) or Super Mario 64 (N64)?

All-Stars is just a collection. Super Mario 64 is there.

Mr. Chris said:

I know, but SMB all-stars had better gfx than the originals

True. Not to mention battery saving. And the almost impossibly difficult Lost Levels :P

Mario 3.

Followed by Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario World, Mario Lost Levels, Mario Bros 1, Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart, Mario Bros 2...

Mario 64 was just really really imaginitive. Lots of good puzzles and problem-solving. But it's just too easy for me now.

Mario Kart 64 was also very, very easy. Some claim this is because of the precise analog control, but that's only part of it. In Super Mario Kart, your Kart was always 150cc regardless of the cc level (50, 100, 150). It was the enemies' karts that scaled up from 50 to 150cc. In Mario Kart 64, when increasing cc level, everyone's kart sped up, including yours. So there was really never any change in difficulty in Mario Kart 64.

Super Mario World was exciting when it came out. It was THE game to play. I've played it a few times. It's a little too easy, and a little too short. But there's definitely nothing really wrong with it. There should have been a suitable sequel.

Mario Lost Levels was a bunch of extra Mario 1 levels, with the addition of evil-mushrooms. I found this to be a very well-balanced game. Toward the end of the last episode, each level was perfectly challenging. Each individual level was harder, but the game was easier since you got 5 lives at a time instead of 3, and when you ran out of lives, you started at the beginning of the level instead of the beginning of the world number.

Mario Bros 1 just brings back oodles of nostalgia. I always associate that game with the Everly Brothers music, since it was played a lot at the same time that Mario Bros was played a lot.

Yoshi's Island was really really very different. A lot like Mario Bros 2 (which was a complete ripoff of some Japanese platform game). It wasn't that hard. Had 56 levels, but they were all one after the next. Too linear and straight-forward. No sense of location in the game.

Mario Bros 2, while not really a Mario game, has its memorable properties. It's very hard, has some neat atmosphere, and leaves an impression.

Thats the main reason I like Mario Kart 64 is because of the fun multiplayer aspect. the Rainbow track was always one of the funnest, and so was Bowser's Castle, just because it was cool to run through there avoiding getting smashed by the Thwomps (aka the blue blocks with faces).

When I was littler, I made a Bull Bomb stuffed animal based off the ones in the Lava levels of Super Mario 64. It was awesome, lol.

AndrewB said:
Mario Lost Levels was a bunch of extra Mario 1 levels, with the addition of evil-mushrooms. I found this to be a very well-balanced game. Toward the end of the last episode, each level was perfectly challenging. Each individual level was harder, but the game was easier since you got 5 lives at a time instead of 3, and when you ran out of lives, you started at the beginning of the level instead of the beginning of the world number.

Just FYI (though you probably already know), but Lost Levels was the Japanese SMB2.