Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Fav Sonic the Hedgehog Game (the real poll)

Whats your fav Sonic the Hedgehog Game?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your fav Sonic the Hedgehog Game?

• Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
    • Sonic Spinball
    • Sonic Adventure
    • Sonic Adventure 2
    • Sonic R
    • Sonic 3D Blast
    • Hand-held Sonic Games (various)
    • Sonic CD

Okay, attempting this again. This time, not forgetting the poll. *Ahem* Whats your fav Sonic Game, and why is it your fav out of the many out there? For those of you chub-plumber-Mario fans, there'll be a seperate poll.

Assmaster said:

Everything except Sonic 3D Blast

I would have to agree. S3DB had to be the most poorly developed Sonic game I've played. It was easy as hell IMO, and was a poor attempt at trying to bring Sonic to the 3D world. Thankfully Sonic Adventure makes up for that. I must say that I enjoyed the music that they put in the game for the most part though. Particularly the Rusty Ruins zone. That music owned.

Melfice said:

S3DB had to be the most poorly developed Sonic game I've played.

Probably because it wasnt developed by Sonic Team. Instead it was some group called Traveler's Tales or something.

Since I've only played the first one all the way through (I did play the second one, but only to about the third area), I'll have to choose that one.

Well, the only one I played all the way through was the first one for Game Gear (which I think is the same as the Sega Master System version). So I put Sonic 1 and Handheld.

I'll probably get flamed for this but IMHO Jazz Jackrabbit 0wns Sonic.

Draconio said:

Well, the only one I played all the way through was the first one for Game Gear (which I think is the same as the Sega Master System version). So I put Sonic 1 and Handheld.

No, they're completely different.

Sonic and Knuckles + any of the first three Sonic games = hours of fun

You left out Sonic CD for Sega CD, which is awesome. Of these my choice is Sonic2. I played that game to death.

Use3D said:
You left out Sonic CD for Sega CD, which is awesome. Of these my choice is Sonic2. I played that game to death.

Crap.

Yeah SonicCD is the shit. That single game made buying the SegaCD for 300 bucks completely worth it...that and Lunar.

Does anyone know if that Sonic Collection for the GameCube has SonicCD on it? I've never gotten to play it. Since I'm definitely trading my friend for his GameCube, I'm gonna be sure to buy that.

It doesn't. Sonic CD was a once in a lifetime deal baby.

Edit: I do recall seeing a verison for the PC though.

I like them all, but the best are Sonic Advance 2, both Sonic Adventures, Sonic 2, and 3d blast.

Use3D said:
Edit: I do recall seeing a verison for the PC though.

Yeah, I saw that too. Damn, that's too bad about Sonic Collection not having it.

BTW, Get your skunk-ass on AIM tonight! And try to get on earlier than 9 if possible :P I have school ya know.

Fav Sonic the Hedgehog Game

Sonic 3 & Knuckles by a mile.

Melfice said:

It was easy as hell IMO, and was a poor attempt at trying to bring Sonic to the 3D world.

Allow me to make a better attempt...

Melfice said:

It was easy as hell IMO, and was a poor attempt at trying to bring Sonic to the 3D world. Thankfully Sonic Adventure makes up for that.

I have to disagree. While I dont like sonic 3d, I dont think the SA series was the best possible conversion to 3d that they could have done either.

1: the levels were mostly linear, with the added effect that the proverbial line is now curved and has the occasional crossover or split. S3&K had lots of different paths you could take, and Sonic CD (though I never got to play it) had three damn time zones and different outcomes to explore. SA had an occasional shortcut here and there for the observant one.

2: the control system was awkward, thanks to the attempt to make all camera angles "cinematic" and such. In both games, this is noticable when you are running along a straight path, hit the edge because you couldnt make out which direction on the pad goes "forward" and come to a dead stop. Thankyou roving camera, thankyou and die.

SA2 added a level of criminality to this that I cant forgive: going off the edge of a jump where you have to land on a tiny grind rail, the camera swerves to the side so you can see your amazing acrobatic stunts in action! Thus again disorientating your thumbstick control and plummeting you to your doom.....again.......and again.......and again....

The bottom line is, while they were pretty, I didnt think either game was "fun", so they dont count as games in my book. Suffice to say, both games annoyed the shit out of me.

[uh oh, I think I just revealed my Sonic OCD to everyone]

There's only a few levels I liked within Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic Adventure 1 I loved and played to death. The only level I actually liked in Sonic Adventure 2 was Eternal Engine, because it had the classic ordeal with being able to reverse gravity, and that last puzzle where you had to figure out which ways to go and all the gravity changing was awesome.

I previously said:

Everything except Sonic 3D Blast.

Actually thats not true. The GBA Sonics were ass in a can.

Assmaster:
The GBA Sonics

Never played them personally. I'm actually afraid to play them because I don't want to be disapointed x_X