Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Singing ability

Rate your singing ability  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your singing ability

I rate myself 8 because I'm probably better than DoomBoy. :P

I sing Marcy Playground, Beborn Beton, Apoptygma Berzerk, VNV Nation, Sneaker Pimps, Green Day, KOMPRESSOR (:P), Filter, Billy Idol, Tool/APC... uh... probably other stuff...

1. I considered adding "0" to the poll, and voting for that.

Barely a croak, and I've never tried to improve beyond that. I do have a decent musical ear though - well, I once got 100% on what was meant to be a moderately difficult test, involving recognizing minor/major notes and differences between notes.

My singing sucks, so I give 1\10. I can follow some lyrics in some music, but that's just about all.

I can sing very well, which is weird because I've never taken voice lessons and such. I basically taught myself to sing. The fact that I play a musical instrument helped me a lot though. Being able to recognize if you are in tune or not is an extremely important part of singing, and without my prior experience with music, I would suck. I can support my voice pretty well too. I'm not rating myself, because I've never really sung in front of others, though the ones who have heard me have told me that I sing well.

So, out of all of the six and a half billion people in the world, you are the third worst?

Ichor said:

So, out of all of the six and a half billion people in the world, you are the third worst?

Third worst on the list dammit. :)

I sing lots. :D
Though I sound good to me, I know I don't sound very great from a different person's ears. Though I still sing though cause its not like I can help my voice. :D
Melfice, Footman, Heretic, and Jenblaze know what I'm talking about. :P You lucky puppies, I didn't get to sing anything big. :)
But I'd say I'm at a 5 or so, though, when I sing, my voice goes a bit higher tone. :D

alexz721 said:

I can sing very well, which is weird because I've never taken voice lessons and such. I basically taught myself to sing.

That's exactly how it happened with me. I opened my mouth to sing along to a song I was listening to one day and noticed that my voice didn't sound all that bad. Then I turned off the song and I sang out loud, and I was suprised to hear myself sing. I can indeed sing ok.

I sang for a few years but haven't sung much in the last two. I used to be able to sing TOOL's Eulogy note for note and growl for growl but not anymore. I can still do it perfect on stuff in a lower range. I still sing occasionally but nothing like I used to years ago when I'd sing for atleast a couple hours everyday. Fuck Maynard hits some high notes. The end of Pushit is friggin impossible. :-p

I can't match Maynard note for note, but I can sing, in their entirety, a lot of Tool's songs. :D
But my land, he can hold a note :)
It's alright.
I don't mind.
That one last "I don't mind" tends to throw me sometimes.

6. I can match Garm (William Blake-era), Layne Staley and Marilyn Manson (with enough FX processors), which basically means my range extends about 2 octaves before I can't sing in key anymore.

I haven't been able to sing since I was in choir in junior high. Much the same way that high school art classes destroyed my ability to draw, and university classes are taking an axe to my technical ambition.

Heh, I'm not gonna answer the poll. I don't know if I can sing or not.......but when I sing along to some songs, I'm ok...but I doubt other people would agree. I don't sing, and I don't plan too. Heh.

Maynard can't sing damnit :P

Matt Barlow and James LaBrie on the other hand........:P