Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lvangundy

WinXP dos window

Does anyone else here have a problem using WinXP and the command window?

If I open a command prompt and either alt-enter it into full screen mode, OR set the properties for a shortcut to full screen mode, the prompt goes back to windowed mode anywhere from 2-4 seconds after it goes into full screen.

Because it keeps switching back and forth, doom2.exe and zdoom.exe have a problem displaying everything correctly.

bump.

Anyone?

I'm guessing it might have to do with my video card drivers, but I've gone through two versions since I noticed the problem. The card is a Geforce4MX 440.

The game will run fine if I can actually start the game and get it to the point of drawing graphics BEFORE the window switches back to windowed mode.

I have to do this with Zdoom.exe and doom2.exe.

Zdaemon (the multiplayer one) works fine no matter what.

Did you try Advanced options and go to screen resolution? Happened to me when i first installed the game on mym new comp which has XP, but i use the regular DOOM launcher i dont use legacy or zdoom-it doesent work with some of my mods

I think there's some other issue.

XP simply won't let me keep a command prompt window in full screen mode. The time period from when it automatically switches is random.

Just updated VIa drivers and tried all options for the command prompt shortcut.

W??!?!

More likely you have some sort of malware stealing focus. Run Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Housecall, and see if you still have the problem.

aoxis -I thought so too for a while. Figured some application was making focus calls.

It's a possibility it's some sort of adware since I use kazaa..(i should move to kazaa lite). I tried closing a bunch of running programs but that didn't solve anything.

I'll run ad-aware or spybot later today and report back.