Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dakshinkali

Doom 3 on Xbox, More info?

Hi I'm a newB here... I was wondering is their any information about Doom 3 on Xbox

I mean
- Release Date
- Split Screen Multiplayer
- Xbox Live
- downloable map
- etc.

tks

We dont know the game isent even out for PC anyway you probably wont be seeing it ported over till like sometime in 2005 so pick a number get a beer and maybe a pillow cuz your gunna be waiting awhile.

i would even guess it to be ported to X-Box II as it would really be dumbed down on the X-Box. forget PS2 and gamecube, cpouldnt handle it at all.
now a SNES port would rock, yea right. also with release date looming in 2004, hey i expected october 2003( 10th birthday of doom) it would be logical for an X-Box II port, i do beleive microhard is working on it rigth this minute, or atleast bill gates is masturbateing to the thought of all the money he could get from it.
anyway dont expect much

Sheesh, some people annoy me sometimes, especially the ones that dismiss the gamecube, despite the fact that the gamecube CAN produce graphics as powerful as the xbox, sometimes even better. Sure, on paper the specs of the xbox blow the cube away and let's not even discuss the ps2 specs wise.......yet have a look at some of the graphics the PS2 has produced. Some amazing stuff, not bad for a machine with such low specs that not even the casual computer user would use it anymore, yet it's a very capable console, and this coming from a person who does not even LIKE the PS2. Nintendo have been around alot longer than both sony/microsoft when it comes to nintendo, so chances are they KNOW how to build an efficient console, and when the developers make use of everything the console can handle, the results are nothing short of stunning. Take Rogue Leader when it first came out. Now look at FZeroGX. Sony have had a couple of attempts and are getting impressive results with the PS2. Microsoft did well for a first time console as well. Halo and now Halo 2.

Could the Cube handle Doom 3? I Think it could. Doom 3 was initially shown off on a GeForce 3, The Xbox has an advanced GF3 with GF4 techniques, and the Cube's video card is similar. Could the PS2 handle it? Well I doubt it, but odder things have happened.

Interesting news:

Doom 3 Xbox Developer
havox @ 23:31

Heute gab es von Activision eine neue Pressemitteilung - Thema: Die Bekanntgabe des Doom 3 Xbox Developers. Und da wollen wir garnicht lange reden, lest am Besten selber:
Mesquite, TX – Sept. 3, 2003 – id Software™ and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) have confirmed that Vicarious Visions is developing DOOM 3™ for Xbox®, the console version of id Software’s highly-anticipated blockbuster title headed to the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.

Built on id’s revolutionary new 3D graphics engine, DOOM 3 draws players into the most terrifying and riveting 3D gaming experience ever created. [...]

About Vicarious Visions
Vicarious Visions, a leading independent game development studio, has gained critical acclaim with hit titles for top brands such as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater™, Spider-Man®, Crash Bandicoot®, SpongeBob Square Pants® and Star Wars®. VV games are known for pushing technical boundaries to deliver addictive gameplay and immersive art that bring favorite characters and worlds to life for portable, console, and PC gamers. Vicarious Visions is also home to the pioneering Intrinsic Alchemy® middleware technology and tools, which are being used to power hit titles in development at Activision, Konami, Sega, Vivendi Universal Games and other studios worldwide.

Source: http://www.doom3.de/

See if you can hold your breath until it comes out. Perhaps the ensuing braindamage will change the fact that you're too smart to search the forums. : )