Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

Special Weapons Assualt Doom's Packs 1 and 2 are released for Eternity!

Remember that ak47 that was extreamly smooth from the other thread?
In SWAD, these packs feature really smooth rips from CS and whatnot. You can check them out via the following links.

http://max2.tradingsystems.net/SWAD/swad.zip
http://max2.tradingsystems.net/SWAD/swad2.zip

Enjoy! Note that some weapons are more powerful than they seem.

Requires Eternity 3.31 beta 3.

url fixed.

hahaha.... that machinegun (pack 1, weapon 6) looks really retarded at 60 rounds per minute.

Phew, good thing these were posted. Otherwise, I may not have heard of them. Since Blackfish never EVER mentions them on irc or anything.

schepe said:

hahaha.... that machinegun (pack 1, weapon 6) looks really retarded at 60 rounds per minute.

that's due to limitations, but it does over 75 damage per shot.

Assmaster said:

Phew, good thing these were posted. Otherwise, I may not have heard of them. Since Blackfish never EVER mentions them on irc or anything.

Tell me about it, this came to me as a complete suprise.

engineer said:

the sad thing is: the DL links for the new Eternity are dead.

Can't doomworld fix that?

Eternity's files are hosted on MancuNet, which is down until wed.

In this meantime I am fixing a few things so a version 2 of both packs should be done by ns145

I'll be fixing the links to EE 3.31b3 tonight. Mancubus put them on a temporary server for me. I just haven't edited the page yet.

Scuba Steve said:

So now we're just ripping guns from every other game out there and putting them in DooM?

it's the american way!

engineer said:

BTW: I want to make weapon that turns enemies into the goatse man, for some reason.

To quote the hero of many an RPG, "..."

BBG said:

SWAD2's "BFG" makes Eternity hang. Fix that plz.

Are you sure you are using the updated version? works fine for me and everybody else.

Make sure you followed the instructions in the readme and you are using beta 3.

EDIT: Apparently SWAD doesnt have ultimate doom support. It works in doom2. this is probably because of Eternity's bad ultimate doom support.

When you guys report bugs you REALLY need to be a lot more specific and descriptive. From all I've been told here it could be anything.

One thing for sure, make sure you're using the standard BFG 9000 before you try to use any DeHackEd or EDF patches that change weapons. I still don't know why, but apparently using the beta BFG when some of the BFG's other fields are changed will screw stuff up. Hopefully when EDF weapons are in place, this won't happen any more (at that point, the alternate BFGs should ideally be new, separate weapon definitions, and not just run-time hacks to the BFG).