Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Fav Mario (Bros.) Game

Whats your fav Mario (Bros.) game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your fav Mario (Bros.) game?

• Super Mario Bros. 1 or 2 (NES)
    • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
    • Super Mario World (SNES)
    • Super Mario 64 (N64)
    • Gameboy Mario Games (GB, GBA)
    • Paper Mario (N64)
    • Luigi`s Mansion (GC)
    • Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
    • Super Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    • Dr. Mario (SNES, or NES?)
    • Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    • Super Mario RPG (SNES)

SMB1 is very hard, considering you're expected to make it all the way through the last 4 levels with some extremely hard balancing act jumps, avoiding those freaking hammer throwers, and then navigate your way through a mysterious maze... all with 3 lives.

Use3D said:

Hmm, probably the hacked up one on C64, made out of a game that was sued for ripping off Mario in the first place, heheh.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. The original game was called the Great Giana Sisters.

Best Mario Brothers? Probably 1 or 3 for All Stars. Same great game, new refreshing look!

I'm sure I will have an angry mob out side of my house for saying this, but I never really got into the Mario games... except Mario Kart 64. heh.

I've never personally played Sunshine myself. Is it really that bad of a game? Or is it that no one else has really played it either?

Melfice said:

I've never personally played Sunshine myself. Is it really that bad of a game? Or is it that no one else has really played it either?

It's a great game, no doubt about it. While it has some flaws that aren't close to going unnoticed, the gameplay itself is pretty much just as good as in Mario 64.

Melfice said:

It wasn't bad, and could get pretty challenging at parts, but there were a few problems. First of all, trying to find... 32 was it?... anyway, trying to find around 32 blue coins in every level kinda sucks and does kinda take away from the fun a bit. The only other complaint I have is that the all of the locations are on Isle Delphino, so they all (pretty much) look the same. If it had as large a variety of levels as Mario 64 did, then it would have been much, much better.

EllipsusD said:

First of all, trying to find... 32 was it?

I don't think it was a fixed number. Some maps had more, some had less.

Fredrik said:
I don't think it was a fixed number. Some maps had more, some had less.

Heh, after finding all of them I can say for sure that it's a fixed number with only the main island and the least level being different.

I believe I spent the most time trying to get all stars in Mario 64. Most I got was 109 out of 110. I got frustrated and decided to delete the savegame and restart. :P

I remember the day I got all 128 stars on Super Mario 64. Oh god that was a glorious day. I still think swinging bowser around by the tail and throwing him onto a bomb has to be one of the most creative boss battle ideas I've ever seen, regardless of how simplistic it is...although the last fight is by no means easy.

Melfice said:

I still think swinging bowser around by the tail and throwing him onto a bomb has to be one of the most creative boss battle ideas I've ever seen

Yeah... except that that battle broke the freaking controller :P

Mario Tennis for the VB. I like games which give me head-splitting migranes.

Speaking of Mario, I played the new Mario Golf game...it was both cool and annoying at the same time. The whol taunts system is retarded as Hell. It basicaly allows the other players to blind you.

I don't get people saying SMB was HARD. SMW wasn't either, for that matter.

The crouching sprite in SMW was super-ridiculous.

Mr. Chris said:

I believe I spent the most time trying to get all stars in Mario 64. Most I got was 109 out of 110. I got frustrated and decided to delete the savegame and restart. :P

There are 120 in the game.

I did that years ago.

smw is my definite favorite, based on pure aesthetics. it's so vibrant. oh, and the mario games have some of the best music i've ever heard.

SMB1 is pretty easy. Now the Vs. Super Mario Bros. arcade game (What I call the Real Lost Levels) that's a more difficult version is freaking hard. In the Lost Levels/JPN SMB2 at least you can continue on the same stage.

And Super Mario All-Stars completely screws up the physics and pace of the original SMB1.

Lost Levels. Failing that, SMB1.

I don't see why 1 and 2 are the same vote. They're not even remotely similar.

Ultraviolet said:

I don't get people saying SMB was HARD. SMW wasn't either, for that matter.

Well I can't beat either.

Nanami said:

don't see why 1 and 2 are the same vote. They're not even remotely similar.

The reason was for space saving purposes. I wanted to try and get all the games on there I could, so I combined the first two into one vote.

Melfice said:

The reason was for space saving purposes. I wanted to try and get all the games on there I could, so I combined the first two into one vote.

You should have excluded Luigi's Mansion instead. It's not even a Mario game, and it's a piece of crap at that.

Indeed. I had also thought about making it MarioKart/MarioKart64.

Bah fuck it. I've been feeling shitty the last few days as it is. The poll can reflect that for me.

There are 120 in the game.

I did that years ago.

I made up to 119 stars and couldn't find the last one. I tried to resort to the wall-jump to Yoshi glitch, which is probably the hardest thing to do in the history of platformers.

Favourties:

- SMB for it's subliminal glorification of Communism.
- SMB3 for that Hammer Bros. Suit
- SMW for introducing Yoshi
- Yoshi's Island for making Yoshi 0wn
- Mario 64 for making Mario super aerobatic
- Mario Kart (64) for the Multiplayer
- Mario RPG for characters like Geno and Mallow, plus the great music and Extra-Bosses such as Jinx and that other guy in Monster Town. Oh, and that one boss whose boobs jiggle when you hit her. :)
- Mario Sunshine was fun, but not worth buying this time 'round.

Some other Mario-esque games that are cool are: The sports games, Mario's gone missing! Mario in time, Mario teaches typing, and of course, DONKEY KONG!

Coopersville said:

I made up to 119 stars and couldn't find the last one. I tried to resort to the wall-jump to Yoshi glitch, which is probably the hardest thing to do in the history of platformers.

Couldn't find the last one? There are statistics in the game that tell you which of the 7 stars you're missing, if any, in each of the 15 levels.

But I guess it was one of the 15 castle's secret stars, which actually requires finding secrets. The last star in my quest to 120 was getting 100+ coins in the 15th level, Rainbow whatever. I feel that one was the hardest.

Other especially hard stars were 8 red coins in the tower's secret magical cloud level, 150 coins in big/small world, and 8 red coins in the red fly-cap stage.

Finding the 120 stars is easy as heck. One of the most annoying ones though is getting all 100 coins in the submarine level. That level probably has 105 coins maximum, and most are hard to find. For the longest time I thought that level only had about 80 coins.