• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Singing ability

Rate your singing ability  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your singing ability

I wish I could sing like Devin Townsend. I've been talking quietly for years and now I can't even yell without my throat hurting. Really singing out loud just doesn't work.

LorD BaZTArD said:

Maynard can't sing damnit :P

What blasphemy is this? MJK has one of the best voices for singing I've ever heard :)

DooMBoy said:

What blasphemy is this? MJK has one of the best voices for singing I've ever heard :)

Yeah, what the Hell? I'd say he has the best voice in the music industry these days.

Anyway, I gave myself a 4 because I'm a little below average. I can sing better then Ogre, Ozzy, and Reznor, but that's not saying much. :P For some reason, I can always sing along really well with German lyrics, much more so than I can with English lyrics. Probably because Germans tend to sing (and talk) a lot more clearly then people who speak English (probably because we dont know what we're saying half the time). :P

i am not too bad of a singer... at least i THINK im not too bad of a singer... most people i know say that if i train my voice a bit more it might be really nice :/

very awful. I gave myself a 3 just because I have had a little experience. In my opinion I sing bad but once I recorded it and played it back (i have no clue why) and it sounded worse hearing it. Meh... I am good at some musical instruments though. Singing is overrated definetely. Jamiroquai is some of the better singing I've heard though.

Oh and it we're talking death metal singing then I'm a 9 because its completely different.

And jen i bet you sing pretty good because your voice sounded like it would suit singing well. Chris, I've never heard you talk or sing.

Heh, just to show how singing tastes have apparently changed: The 2003 MTV Music Awards. Some of those so-called artists can't even sing IMO, at least not very well.

Janderson said:

I do Drowning Pool, KoRn, Stone Sour, I tried and failed The Darkness though. Does Slipknot count as singing?

Slipknot doesn't even count as music. I hate these fucking new rock bands. "Oh look at me I'm Linkin Park! I sing so beautiful! But I can rap and snarl too!" Fucking new age "rock" boy bands. Linkin Park answered the question I can only hope no one was asking... "Where did N Sync go?" *cringes*

How can you rate yourself honestly about your vocal "talent"? I think you need a consensus of outside opinion. I think I sing pretty well, sort of nasaly like Billy Corgan, and I think it sounds decent, but my mom just says, "The music's nice, but singing.... is not your strong point." But then again she think Elvis had the greatest voice ever. You can't compare those styles though... Bruce Springsteen and Elvis vs. Billy corgan and Trent Reznor?

Scabbed Angel said:

Slipknot doesn't even count as music.

That's an interesting theory. But I believe music cannot be made, I believe it comes from the soul. The music is only jagged or depressing because that is the way the creators' lives were cut. I reckon that future Metal will become more screwed up as the people who will make it are being fucked about for liking Slipknot or Linkin Park. Some Pop I so don't think is music, cuz the lyrics and music is written for them. But I guess they've got to get respect for performing and stuff.