Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

FightersPoll (SNK vs Capcom)

Which is the best 2d fighter series?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best 2d fighter series?

• The Last Blade
    • King of Fighters
    • Fatal Fury (including Garou: MoTW)
    • Street Fighter
    • Art of Fighting
    • DarkStalkers
    • Samurai Shodown

Ok, I'm a 2d fighting game fan. I'd play them sooner than a 3d-fighter. But, that's not what this poll is about.

IMO, The Last Blade 2 is the greatest fighting game ever. Not many people will concure with me on this, though. So, which do you believe to be the best series? I have Capcom and SNK fighters listed because, while I'm anti-Capcom, many aren't.

Btw, info/reviews of SNK games are at: http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/index.htm

Edit: BTW, only SNK and Capcom games. I forgot to mention that.

I played Street fighter 2 on the Snes when it was released, it was an ok game for it's time. I also played DarkStalker to see what it was since they stole my username. I played it for a good 5 mins before deleting this piece of crap. I never tried the other games so I can't say if it's good. So I guess SF was the best game in the list and I'm sure the other games are better than this Darkstalker thingy.

For clarification Last blade is Samurai Showdown correct?

If so, then yes, it is the best fighting game ever. Best art direction in a fighter, animation only second to Garou: Mark of the Wolf. It just oozes a level of immersion that few games ever do. You honstly feel that you're fighting in feudal times with honor and dignity.

I dont really like fighting games. But if I had to choose, I'd say that series that has the X-Men characters in them.

Scuba Steve said:

For clarification Last blade is Samurai Showdown correct?

Noooo way. Two seperate games.

BTW, only SNK and Capcom games. I forgot to mention that.
And could a mod please include Samurai Shodown please?

TeamKill said:

BTW, only SNK and Capcom games. I forgot to mention that.

Bah. I only played one or two of those. I want to say One Must Fall 2097 damnit.

Dead_BodieS said:

And yes, Mortal Kombat Trilogy is my favorite 2D fighter.

Yeah, it's probably my favorite 2d fighter ever as well.

Samurai Showdown for hilarious mistranslations, fun gameplay, seizure enducing graphics, and lots of blood.

goaxis said:

Samurai Showdown for hilarious mistranslations, fun gameplay, seizure enducing graphics, and lots of blood.

Ditto.

The Future is Now!

Damn I can't choose.

Heh, Last Blade 2's handicap is funny. I was playing against this kid and he set his power all the way up which resulted in him having four life bars I had to go through per a round. On top of this he was pulling off some supers pretty well. It was hilarious.

Samurai Shodown 2 is great. I've actually popped the PC version in my car's CD player and listened to most of its soundtrack during a long drive.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is sorely missing from that list.

Killer Instinct

That and Soul Calibur are the only fighting games worth playing. Otherwise, its a shitty, shitty genre.

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2.

it beats my goddamned head in.

Who mispelled Samurai Shodown in the poll? Remember, only one w.

That said, I'm eagerly awaiting Samurai Shodown Zero, even though the arcades in Richardson/Plano are totally worthless.

What the hell are you people talking about.

The street fighter 2 series is so far and away the most important 2d fighting series ever it's not funny. So yes, I vote street fighter.

Mortal Kombat was ok too, but beyond the blood and guts the gameplay wasn't all that interesting. All the characters were basically the same bar 2 or 3 special moves.

I love, and always will, Samurai Shodown. It's one of those games I'd buy a system just to be able to play it, and I have bought a system just to have Samurai Shodown II. SNK vs Capcom is a damn good game as well. But not really something I'd go outta my way to get, but I already got it on my Neo Geo Pocket, and PSX.

And MK Trilogy fraggin rocks! I own and love N64 and PSX versions. Where one falters the other excels. For instance, PSX annoys me slightly with load time. N64 Remedies that. N64 annoys me not having Goro or Kintaro. PSX remedies that. PSX control I find is sometimes not as responsive as I'd like it to be sometimes. N64 is spot on with controls and respinse time. N64 has lesser quality, slightly tinny sound. PSX has very crisp audio. I could run more comparisons as to why I like them both, but then that would be a big post. But all this is IMHO.