Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aseph

The Soul Calibur games

What's your opinion on the Soul Calibur games?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on the Soul Calibur games?

• I perfer Soul Calibur 1
    • I perfer Soul Calibur 2
    • I like both
    • I don\'t care. What kind of geek makes a poll like this anyway?

I just beat Soul Calibur II, and so I decided to ask all you what your opinion is on the series.

Haven't played either. Was going to rent SC2 but the fucking retards at my local rental store only bought one copy.

Soul Calibur is the fighting game to end all fighting games. The combo possibilities aren't fucking dumb (see "Mortal Kombat" series, "Killer Instinct" series) but actually make sense, the moves with characters like Kilik are believable, SCII has a Todd McFarlane character in it (!!!) on PS2, and I believe somebody told me that the version done for one console has Spawn in it... SC/II rocks.

Actually the Todd McFarlane character is on X-Box, Spawn. As a matter of fact it says so right on the commercial, and Spawn is right on the case of SC2 for X-Box. PS2 gets Heihachi Mishima. GC gets Link from Zelda.

SC2 is too easy. I beat the game in about 3:30. IMO, SC1 was more balanced. It took me 7 minutes to beat that one on Ultra Hard.

In the end, I'd take Soul Edge over both, but only if I could have the speed of SC1 and the graphics of SC2. And Taki nude.

Melfice said:

Actually the Todd McFarlane character is on X-Box, Spawn. As a matter of fact it says so right on the commercial, and Spawn is right on the case of SC2 for X-Box. PS2 gets Heihachi Mishima. GC gets Link from Zelda.

I was aware that Spawn is a McFarlane character, but there is ANOTHER McFarlane character in SCII for PS2. Yes, Heihachi is there too, but that character "Necrid" is the character I was talking about. It says on the box that he is a McFarlane character as well.

Necrid is in the XBOX one too.

SC2 fucking rocks, i play it at my friends all the time. my favorite guy and the only one ive played with is Raphael (the french guy i think)

TeamKill said:

SC2 is too easy. I beat the game in about 3:30. IMO, SC1 was more balanced. It took me 7 minutes to beat that one on Ultra Hard.

It took me, at the earliest time, 1:46 to beat SC2. That was with Spawn, though he's only so-so as a fighter in my book. I'm with Astaroth. The first was better in my opinion, even though I went ahead and bought the 2nd for Xbox. The music and the atmosphere was better for the DC version, imo. But the single player is more extensive and cool in the 2nd, I have to admit.

Ultraviolet said:

Eww. Eurostyle bastard. Kilik is far superior.

hes awesome!!! fast, AND classy! just enough arrogance to piss off your (real-life) opponent and just enough style to make you proud.

i can kick all my friends' asses with him and ive only had about 6 hours playing time compared to the amount of time my friend who actually owns the game and console. (im not saying im good im saying he sucks. cuz he does.)

Ultraviolet said:

Have you seen Necrid? Fucking sweet character...

Nope, but now I wish I could. Any Todd McFarlane character is bound to be awesome. Especially with a name like Necrid.

Melfice said:

Nope, but now I wish I could. Any Todd McFarlane character is bound to be awesome. Especially with a name like Necrid.

meh just a golem lookin thing with a crystal orb thing in his chest. nothin to shout about.

Goat said:

meh just a golem lookin thing with a crystal orb thing in his chest. nothin to shout about.

The energy blades are really cool. He's one of the large characters, but also pretty fast and fluid.

Ultraviolet said:

The energy blades are really cool. He's one of the large characters, but also pretty fast and fluid.

Kind of a cheap character, though. All he does, mostly, is borrow from other character's moves. Lame on part of the developers and it makes him cheap. Though he has a couple neat moves in general. Either way, though, I think it was kind of gimmicky to toss in comicy characters (i.e. Necrid, Spawn) into the mix. They just don't fit at all.

Big, Fast, and Fluid is always nice.

[edit]

Well, Link doesn't really fit in either. Heihachi is the only one that could really fit. X-Box didn't really have much to throw in there, unless they threw in Halo's "Master Chief" but that would be really ridiculous.

Well they could've put in Rayman or the guy from Onimusha in there. That would've been all right. But I guess there's bound to be problems when the release of a game relies on the gimick of a featured character for each platform.

Hey, what about Soul Edge/Blade? Not that anyone would actually vote for it.

I got to play the Japanese SC2 on Gamecube months ago with Link. It was pretty cool. I want to see the X-Box version with Spawn and see him and Necrid do Capoeira.

I dunno which is my favorite. I guess Soul Calibur 2 for having the most guys. I can tell you which Soul Calibur game is my LEAST favorite though: Iron and Blood.

* Stabs Iron and Blood repeatedly

The only good thing to come out of that game is the quote "Next time, try usin' a hamma'!"

I remember playing Soul Blade for the PSX a looong time ago, back in early 98, but that's been it.

IMJack said:

Heh...of all the characters, I say Voldo is my favorite. When I first saw hime, I said he looked like a cross between Marylin Manson and a meat grinder, and I will stick to those words. Also he has the most homoerotic awesome moves in the game.