Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

REMEMBER THE FALLEN!!!! (Second Anniversary)

Hello, as we all know tommorow is 9-11, so I just wanted to make a thread in advance. NYC already put up the tribute beams.

2 years ago, that fateful day, when the towers fell down, many people died. Everybody in horror. School, jobs, everything got fucked up. I got mad scared and shit and didnt goto school for a while. It was until that next monday till we got back to school. I felt mad weird then, trying to forget it. It flooded the news for day after day after day. After a long while it all started to fade off, and people just kept on saying it will be vomited on the history books.

Meanwhile in 2002, some guy thought of the idea of putting up these tribute beams. The idea got passed and for a few months, every night, a pair or twin beams would be shot up in the air just to remind us of that day. Then it was taken down. Later on the first anniversary I was pleased to see all the tribute going on and Bush decided to visit NYC and the news channels listed all the names of those who fallen. Yay for that year.

It's 2003, not all went too well. We just had a blackout a little less than a month ago, and my dad fears something bad will happen again, which I hope not. Meanwhile, Bush is NOT planning on visiting NYC for tribute. This kinda pisses me off

anyway, tommorow we pray nothing evil will happen to our land. We pay tribute to all of those who died that day. And website admins, you know what to do....

REMEMBER THE FALLEN!!!! And god bless America.

i remember, walking to second period at 9:28 i got in class and the Tv was on. I was like "oh not another lame ass video". it was 10th grade literature class so we got a lot of lame ass videos. but i saw on tv the smoking building and i was like wtf?

BlackFish said:

REMEMBER THE FALLEN!!!!, et cetera

well, i'll remember them, fly my flag, have a moment of silence. we'll probably do the pledge of allegiance in school tomorrow. i just hope the media doesn't make this whole event really sappy and everthing, but have a proper coverage.

great job being in advanced.

i remember our sep. 11, my dad was laughing because of the first plane, we thought it was a horrible mistake. when i got to school and they ushered us into the library, however, we all were in dread fear of realization of what was really happening. i didn't get to see towers fall on cnn, but some of my classmates did. i'm kind of glad i didn't, i probably would've been a hell of a lot more scared than i was.

now if they had hit an RIAA building, this might be a day of celebration....

This is truly a day of grief for humanity. I demand that all cheese production should be stopped. We should dedicate ourselves to remembering our fallen comrades, and we should pray that no such evil will ever happen again. For this to ever happen, terrorism must be destroyed entirely. So please, refrain from eating cheese on this sacred day.

I remember sitting in school, minding my own business, when my mom comes to take me home (WOOHOO!)

lament said:

This is truly a day of grief for humanity

Wrong, it was truly a day of grief for the United States, noone else really gave a damn, afaik.

Truly a day of horror. Utterly shocking, even for those of us many thousands of miles away. No, not the biggest loss of life in a single event ever, but it happened right before our eyes, in a place familiar to us and where people had every reason to feel safe.

Blackfish: I wouldn't be too critical of those who have to decide how to commemorate the fallen. I'm sure they are honestly trying to find the most appropriate way, but it's an emotive issue and views inevitably differ.

Assmaster said:

Hmm, now Im gonna be all depressed tommorow.
Why do we want Bush here again?

I want Bush to goto NYC so that he actually gives a flying fuck about 9-11. He just gives some silly excuse not to go.

I do not want to start any flame wars at this moment. Right now we just remember what happened.

Oh yeah I just saw that video that showed both plane crashes in one video.

BlackFish said:

Right now we just remember what happened.

Amen to that.

Now, if anyone wants to flame or troll, why not do it in a separate thread? Or on a different day, maybe.

BlackFish said:

I want Bush to goto NYC so that he actually gives a flying fuck about 9-11. He just gives some silly excuse not to go.

You're still a retarded Bush Basher. </TROLL> props to grazza for selective post deletion.

gatewatcher said:

props to grazza for selective post deletion.

OK, fair point, but it's awkward when there's a series of posts responding to each other. And editing other people's posts is kind of a last resort.

Anyway, it appears that the beams of light are being repeated. And security issues surrounding presidential/vice-presidential attendance aren't really silly excuses.

Ct_red_pants said:

On the up side, I’ll never forget my sisters’ birthday again. (Technically, it happened the night before thanks to our time zones).

Yeah, September 11th 2001 is also when my Doggie, Gimzo was born, so this day is not really all a negative one to us. :)

IMJack, that thingy looks cool, what is it eggzacklee?

EllipsusD said:

By my clock, it's 9/11 here, and I have officially been a part of these forums for three years.

...and inofficially?

This was the sort of thread that i was going to start, more likely in the blog forum (hence my av). I'm happy that someone beat me to it i'll have you know, because then i know i'm not the only one remembers.

I'll just say my bit.

Two years ago the two towers were destroyed by suicide bombers, an event that had shaken up the USA, and quite a few neighbours too. Without a shadow of a doubt it was an attack on peace, but i won't say "let's remember sep 11th so that it will never happen again". There are those who are for war and those who are against it. There are those who love America to bits and those who hate it for everything that it stands for. In theory this has nothing to do with me or my family or friends, but i find all of that to be entirely besides the point. The fact is innocent people died that day, people with families and relatives who of which have most likely been through a hell of a lot of pain. Furthermore there were those who gave it everything that they got to doing trying to do something right (firemen etc). That's what i remember it for, and i why i have my own minute silence for it.

I don't expect any comment on what i said, neither a "well said" nor a "hah hah! you suck!". I'm just saying what i have to.

Not to sound cold, but what about those hundreds of thousands of Americans (or any other country in the world) who died from heart disease, cancer and stroke, where's their hundreds of billions of dollars? Or funds for the 30 000 children who die every day from starvation?

Yeah, I've got my Sep 11th decorations up early. A little lightbulb on my miniature tower trees… one for every little soul that went to heaven, all the presents that we bought each other to prop up the fucked capitalist economy... I can't wait to open them all tomorrow. I hope it's not a bomb again, or socks.

Merry Bushmas people. Let's remember to send our season's greetings to the boys in Iraq who are doing such a swell job.

meh, who cares.

new york will get nuked eventually and people will forget all about this anyway. i didn't think it was a big deal two years ago, and i don't think it was a big deal today.

Heh, when I first heard about it (on the radio when it woke me up in the morning) it reminded me of the intro movie to Command and Conquer...

heh by the time i got up the towers had been down for 5 hours or so. my mom gave me the news, saying, and i quote, "you're missing all the cool stuff on TV!"

Goat said:

but i saw on tv the smoking building and i was like wtf?

Yeah, smoking is bad, even for buildings. I was highly disappointed that two of our nations biggest buildings had taken up the habit, but then I saw that they learned their lesson and would never, ever do it again.

EDIT: darknation rocks my socks.