Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmie

Shaders in 0.75

Well, I decided to bump shader support up to 0.75 for the fun of it, so I've been working on the shader specification and here's what I have so far: http://timmie.squabble.org/docs/shaders.txt

Just looking for comments suggestions here. I've already got a bunch from my beta testers, but I figured I'd toss this out here as well!

edit: I uploaded some sample shaders that we've been testing with to give you some examples of how things work in practice: http://timmie.squabble.org/docs/shaders.wad

Hmm, probably best to assume so. It uses the existing ZDoom script parser stuff, so if that's case sensitive then this is, too.

edit: quick double check looks like it is not case sensitive

Another update: http://www.timmie.squabble.org/docs/shaders.txt

I forgot to add in there that after the color/alpha cycle keyword, you can say sin or cos to give a smoother cycle effect (instead of straight linear):

color cycle sin 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 2.0 // cycle from red to blue over 2 seconds
alpha cycle cos 0.5 1.0 2.0 // cycle from 50% to 100% alpha over 2 seconds

I've got a couple of problems i was hoping you could help me with, first: I for some reason can't get that wad file for the shaders (Security on Internet Explorer maybe?) and second: there is contstruction on a house nearby and they have dump trucks that back up with the beep beep, and my dog (2 1/2 feet tall, 75lbs. (about 37.5 kilograms) 5 feet long from nose to end of tail) is scared of it. Will not leave me alone. Stupid dog. I like that dog though, but he's the wimpiest creature ever. Period. Or semicolon. Whichever you prefer. I'm rambling. I'll shutup. Now....... okay now.

Hmm, that's strange. I just did a "right-click/save as" on the wad and it saved fine =/

As for the dog, try spraying it with water. Or take it for a walk. That always worked for my old dog :)

Well i did the right click thingy and it comes up with an error saying file copy error "file system error (1026)." is there a certain folder or any security issues? or can i get the file somewhere else? Is windows 98 the problem? (You know, windows 98 SUCKS!)

Or I can just post what was in it...

This is in the "SHADERS" lump (plain text):

shader FWATER1 FWATER2 FWATER3 FWATER4
{
   layer FWATER4
   {
      vector cycle -0.1 -0.1 0.1 0.1 4.0
      vectorFunc cos sin
   }
   layer FWATER4
   {
      alpha cycle sin 0.35 0.45 2.0
      vector 0.1 0.125
   }
}

shader BFALL1 BFALL2 BFALL3 BFALL4
{
   layer BFALL4
   {
      vector 0.0 -0.2
   }
   layer BFALL4
   {
      alpha 0.5
      offset 0.5 0.0
      vector cycle 0.05 -0.1 -0.05 -0.1 2.0
      vectorFunc sin linear
   }
}

shader BIGDOOR1
{
   layer BIGDOOR1
   {
   }
   layer FWATER1
   {
      blend add
      texgen sphere
   }
}

shader BLOOD1 BLOOD2 BLOOD3 
{ 
   layer BLOOD1 
   { 
      vector 0.1 0.1 
      offset 0.4 0.0 
   } 
   layer BLOOD1 
   { 
      offset 0.1 0.2 
      vector -0.2 0.2 
      alpha 0.3333
      scale 1.2 1.2 
   } 
   layer BLOOD1 
   { 
      alpha 0.3333 
      offset 0.2 0.1 
      vector 0.1 -0.2
      scale 1.5 1.5 
   } 
}

Ok, I just ditched the "blend" layer parameter in favour of "blendFunc", which is basically a way of specifying your own blending parameters for increased flexibility.

"blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA" would give you normal blending while "blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE" gives you additive blending.

For more information, check out the documentation on the glBlendFunc() OpenGL function: http://tc1.chemie.uni-bielefeld.de/doc/OpenGL/hp/Reference/glBlendFunc.html