Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Death of a Doomer

It is with sadness that I learned today of the sudden death of one of the best Doomers I have known.

His name was MickT, Mick Taylor in RL, probably unknown to most of you but some in the UK will know of him. I introduced Mick to Dooming on my BBS, he loved it so much he bought, before his free trial ran out, £350 worth of Dooming time, a full year's subscription :)
Within a few months he had honed his skills and would whoop me 50-16 often, damn he loved that game. He had long hair down to his ass and rode a Harley Sportster, although he often ran around in winter in his jet black Tigra. He was boss of BT Internet servers or something like that. I have had many a drink with Mick as have a lot of the people that used my BBS, we used to have annual get togethers in a hotel and just drink and talk about Doom, around 70 or so people.

His wife just phoned to say he had been taken to hospital, at the weekend, diagnosed with stomach cancer and given 2 weeks, but he died with her at his bedside on Wednesday:( Guy wasn't even 40 yet!

God just better bloody learn to straffe coz MickT's gonna whip his butt.
RIP MICK

don't know the guy, but may he rest in peace.

oddly enough, i feel more sympathy for him than the sep 11 issue.

Damn, that sucks. Another good Doomer RIP :(

I remember reading that other doomer who died, what was his name? He died in a car crash and wasn't even 30. He also had a wife and kid I believe.

RIP

Well, sooner or later we all gotta go. Sounds like he had a good life and that's all any of us can ask for really.

:~(
Farewell MickT. Your spirit will live on.

Well this wasnt a car crash and his name wasn't noskill so it must be true. So rest in peace I say, as I raise my glass of radioactive waste to the sky.

It's a shame, but it's just like they sing, "Only the good die young..."

My condolences go out to his family...it's sad to lose a fellow Doomer!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Rellik said:

Then today we lost Johnny Cash and John Ritter. Yikes.

I was going to start a thread about it. So many celebs are dying these days. It's crazy.

Rellik said:

What the fuck? That sucks. I saw John Ritter on Conan a few months back, acting very bubbly and healthy. And Johnny Cash was a great musician.

Johnny Cash. That's what he gets for ruining an awesome Nails' song. J/k. I don't know him, another songs, so I can't comment anything else but RIP to all the dead. Except Jerry Garcia.

Rellik said:

THEY'RE DROPPING LIKE FLIES!!!!!! WORLDWIDE EPIDEMIC!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Scabbed Angel said:

Johnny Cash. That's what he gets for ruining an awesome Nails' song.

Ruining? I thought it was a GREAT cover!

Yes, I know you were joking, but hey...

I can but regret that a friend of yours has passed away. RIP.

Johnny Cash ruled.