Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zell

what does the wall demon say?

does anyone know what the end demon, aka the wall demon say, aka the big face on map30 say? i know its not english =p

.oremoR nhoJ em llik tsum uoy emag eht niw oT

So that's where tobe got the name for his abandoned edge proj. Imagine that.

lol so
"To win the game you must kill me john romero."

so thats john romeros head there...hmm now i wonder why they put that here?

Zell said:

lol so
"To win the game you must kill me john romero."

so thats john romeros head there...hmm now i wonder why they put that here?

Romero put it there as a joke. He knew the other guys had put a sprite-version of his head in the icon, so he made that recording and included it in the game as well.

lmao i knew that i forgot his name =p anyway i have only had doom2 for about 2 years o.0 i got doom1 in 1995 tho.

nah, it's okay, innoccent question. now, if he asks what the final boss in opposing force says after this thread, 7h3n we'll have to smack him

Zell said:

lmao i knew that i forgot his name =p anyway i have only had doom2 for about 2 years o.0 i got doom1 in 1995 tho.

Wow... Kinda late, But doom was still really popular then.

Zell said:

Uh, it took you two years to figure what the Icon of Sin was saying in the last level of Doom2? ......

DooMBoy said:

Uh, it took you two years to figure what the Icon of Sin was saying in the last level of Doom2? ......

No, it took him 2 minutes to figure it out (via the forums), but 2 years to get around to asking us. :P

Hey! It took me up to a year ago to figure it out!

I always thought he actually said something but in a demon tounge.

I also said it a lot but I somehow managed to get an english message out of it being backwards, though it was totaly made up from me guessing I thought thats what he said for so many years.
I somehow thought he said "Prepare to die demon slayer of the dead and the unknown." For so many years I thought that. And I'm proud of it darnit! :)

DOOM Anomaly said:

I also said it a lot but I somehow managed to get an english message out of it being backwards, though it was totaly made up from me guessing I thought thats what he said for so many years.
I somehow thought he said "Prepare to die demon slayer of the dead and the unknown." For so many years I thought that. And I'm proud of it darnit! :)

Funny, I had worked out what I thought he was saying too, before I read the truth of it on a webpage. Only I worked it out to be "Men will die, to excommunicate and be ruled".

DooMBoy said:

If you don't care at first, why would you try to figure it out?

I never really knew he was saying anything special until I accidentally saw a thread about it......
three years ago.

The reasons I didn't figure it out earlier (even by accident) is because I haven't had the internet freedom I have now until about three years ago, which means that I couldn't
1. Download wintex to extract and fuck around with the sounds
2. Find an FAQ explaining it.
3. ask on any forum if I cared.

There ARE other people than the complete fanatics/nerds who like to exploit every little thing in a game.

Carnevil said:

He says, "All your base are belong to us"

Somehow I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a PWAD out there to make it say that. I know there's one that makes it into the goatse man.

Draconio said:

Somehow I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a PWAD out there to make it say that. I know there's one that makes it into the goatse man.

If anyone ever made an AYB wad, and then combined it with the goatse wad, it would create a black hole of suck that would destroy the entire universe.

... but it'd be pretty funny :)

That's related to the well-known fact that if goatse site is ever pulled down the universe will fold in upon itself.

Stephen Hawking is rumoured to be writing a book explaining the phenomenon.

Heh, when I got Doom2 pretty much the first day it was available in the UK, I played it to the end in one long sad-assed sitting. When I got to the icon, I knew it was talking backwards. Not having any Doom2 compatible tools at that time to extract the sound as a WAV, I recorded it onto a tape, sampled the recording and reversed the sample. O_o

See, even back then I needed to get out more.

my freind gave me is old UDoom cd back in 95(when i was like 6..wow the good ol' days...) and i had to download doom2...if only i would have known that it was warez i would have bought it :(

Zell said:

my freind gave me is old UDoom cd back in 95(when i was like 6..wow the good ol' days...) and i had to download doom2...if only i would have known that it was warez i would have bought it :(

*cough*...FAQ...*cough* *cough*...warezmonkey...*cough* The hell with subtletly. You shouldn't be talking about warez, collecting warez, thinking about warez, or even talking about some people who talked about making love to warez. Warez just isn't cool here. There. I said it.

i know. i was like 10 when i DLed it so i didnt know about copyright laws and stuff..im just saying that i should have bought it in the first place. Well, i gladly payed them back my buying doom2 for GBA as soon as it cam out full price. =)

EDIT: ok so i was 11..making me have d2 for officaly 3 yrs ^_^

Job said:

*cough*...FAQ...*cough* *cough*...warezmonkey...*cough* The hell with subtletly. You shouldn't be talking about warez, collecting warez, thinking about warez, or even talking about some people who talked about making love to warez. Warez just isn't cool here. There. I said it.

what if somebody bought it, therefore owned the copyright, but had some asshole steal it, and not having any money at the time d/l it off of kazaa or something and burning the IWADs onto a cd so that they could have a backup copy in case?

also, i always thought the icon said 'prepare to die you inbreds of the ape species' or something. i might've asked in a thread, i'll have to search :P. thank god for wintex!