Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Legacy

Hello!

This is my first time posting on Doomworld, so I just thought I would say hi to all the forum regulars. I have been playing Doom since the day of it's release, but have never really got involved in any Doom communities before. Just out of curiosity, how long has Doomworld been around? How about everyone posts a little about themselves?

-Jack "The" Rooker

Hello. Welcome to DoomWorld :)

I am Agent Spork. My mom was a spoon, and my dad was a fork. Go figure. I'm your average guy, and.. uh.. Oh yeah.. I'm a spork.

Okay, maybe not, but.. anyway.. I welcome thee!

The Legacy said:

out of curiosity, how long has Doomworld been around? How about everyone posts a little about themselves?

-Jack "The" Rooker

DW will have it's 6th birthday in March. Welcome to the forums BTW.

Doomworld has been around since 1998 (I think). As for me, you'll probably never get to know me.

BlackFish said:

Yay. Now, read the FAQ before the admins start getting crazy.

The FAQ needs editing, Doomcenter doesn't even exist anymore. Doom Republic is the other one that's starting.

Oh btw TheLegacy, welcome to the forums :)

Nice to meet you all :)

ravage said:

[bbg]The Legacy[/bbg]

Damn you. :P

What's wrong with my name? Does someone you know want to use it or something? :P

The Legacy said:

What's wrong with my name? Does someone you know want to use it or something? :P

Hehe, the reason Ravage said what he did is, back a while ago, there was a tag called the BBG tag, basically it was something BBG (A forum member) used whenever there was a new member. The tag was made for his use, so he didn't have to copy it from wordpad. :P
However the tag was removed due to it being abused by other members. Hence the reason Ravage put those "[bbg] [/bbg]" around your name, he wanted to have the tag do its thing. He didn't mean it towards you, but towards the tag for not working. Don't worry. :)

The [bbg] tag is a gimmick you're best not <s>knowing</s> worrying about.

ANYway, well come. Read the FAQ, peruse of the Search function, use some common sense, and for God's sake don't feed the trolls. They're overweight and unhealthy as is. :P

I'm Draconio and anything I could say about myself is better left unsaid.

Well, I can tell you a few things. I like to play action games. I prefer my games on the PC rather than consoles. Sometimes I make maps for games, but very rarely do I finish and release any of them. I have at times had a website, but it's currently down and won't be back "until it's done". There are very few people I consider my friends, but I'm usually an alright guy, except to people I've taken a particular dislike to. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I do, however, spend way too much time up late on my computer. I like to take walks under the moonlight.

I also have a rather freaky side but fortunately you probably won't see it on these forums.

Welcome and stuff. Yeah, the FAQ is worth reading, even if it does need a bit of updating. I'm sort of the moderator of this forum, but this is my fortnight off.

And props to everyone who didn't take this opportunity to spam.

Grazza said:
spam.

I had taken "spam" as commercial email intrusion (specifically,) but apparently I didnt know enough about the term...

Dictionary.com said:
1. (From Hormel's Spiced Ham, via the Monty Python
"Spam" song) To post irrelevant or inappropriate messages to
one or more Usenet newsgroups, mailing lists, or other
messaging system in deliberate or accidental violation of
netiquette.

IMJack said:

The [bbg] tag is a gimmick you're best not knowing worrying about.

IMJack, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

fraggle, you damn thread derailer, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Julian said:

fraggle, you damn thread derailer, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

http://freedoom.sourceforge.net/downloads.shtml
http://freedoom.sourceforge.net/sshot.shtml

Nuthouse doesn't begin to describe these here forums. Legacy, hello, hi, how the hell are you, and why didn't you sign up before now? :P :)