Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

Damn, it's a long way to go to the 18th Oct!

Though I think him a bad leader I cannot fathom anything good to come from an assassinating George Bush right now.

It would probably just trigger a wholly new even more rabid brand of McCarthyism that would lead to a purge of everything left of the Democrats.

Probably it would also make the government even more anxious to go out and meddle in the rest of the world and definitively brand opposition to the current US policy as disrespect against the fallen.

I hope it doesn't happen. Though I dislike Bush, he doesn't particularly seem like a truly bad person (at heart) and he DOES have a family. Nobody deserves to be killed by assassins

I wouldn't be all unhappy if someone got rid of Paul Wolfowitz though. He has shown the gall to put world peace in danger several times.

BBG said:

I hope it doesn't happen. Though I dislike Bush, he doesn't particularly seem like a truly bad person (at heart) and he DOES have a family. Nobody deserves to be killed by assassins

adolf hitler, sadam, molosovich(SP), stalin, richard simons, the whole KKK/neo-nazis/church of christians(neo nazi group) and about half the leaders in reble/civil war entrenched africa. they deserve(d) to die.

Sephiroth said:

adolf hitler, sadam, molosovich(SP), stalin, richard simmons, the whole KKK/neo-nazis/church of christians(neo nazi group) and about half the leaders in reble/civil war entrenched africa. they deserve(d) to die.

Heh.

I say waste Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, Bush the Elder, and all of Shrub's senior advisors, staff, investors, and family, but leave Shrub himself alive. Maybe do something symbolic, like wipe the blood off on his suit jacket as he stands there witless and gaping.

Bush himself is a tool, but the people around him are the dangerous ones. Besides, Dick Cheney has literally spent the last two years in hiding, far away from Bush, waiting to take over after Bush dies an appropriately patriotic death.

darknation said:

one retatrd is a small price to pay in order to insure the safety of thousands, nay, millions.

You could also say that about Osama, but I have a feeling you won't.

Scabbed Angel said:

Fucking child molestors and rapists. They deserve to be tortured and then killed.

Understand your feelings but my mind says that if you forbid to torture people ( and that's what both categories do) then it's forbidden for everyone. Besides what if an ex makes up the story and the judge believes her. Besides the eye for an eye principle tends to fuel conflicts and that's bad cause the trade must go on.
On topic:
All leaders must die. The preferred way is elections.

well, shit, i dunno what to think. i'm curious to see if it's true, and if it is if they can pull it off. i don't think any good will come of them succeeding though, we don't need to fuel any anger right now.

/me pops some popcorn and waits for teh show :P

BlackFish said:

/me throws in all of the evil republicans into a pot and boils them.

Evil democrates on the other hand, are ok. Or at least that's the retarded logic I'd expect from you.

BlackFish said:

/me throws in all of the evil republicans into a pot and boils them.

note that evil is in bold. this does not include everybody.

me being evil and me being republican are two separate entities. we perfer it that way :P

gatewatcher said:

You could also say that about Osama, but I have a feeling you won't.

yeah, but America’s active quest to terminate that particular retard has resulted in the deaths of thousands of non-retards.

One silver bullet could do the work of a thousand bombs, but for some reason assassination is frowned upon and the killing / maiming of civilian collateral is considered to be acceptable.

Or good business, if you choose to look at it that way.

if it would stop you left-wingers from bitching about the damn guy i hope they succeed. i hate the guy too but unlike most people on these boards i think there's far worse people out there.

i hate how the US has to have the world's attention all the time just because we're wealthy and big. noone else does shit to help other countries but expect us to. half the time we do do shit, you hate us for it. no one bitches about north korea or china or india, with their slave trade and gov't control over speech, it's always more bitching about the US. we need to go isolationist again. i'd rather be bitched at for not doing enough than for doing too much. *end rant*

sargebaldy said:

if it would stop you left-wingers from bitching about the damn guy i hope they succeed. i hate the guy too but unlike most people on these boards i think there's far worse people out there.

i hate how the US has to have the world's attention all the time just because we're wealthy and big. noone else does shit to help other countries but expect us to. half the time we do do shit, you hate us for it. no one bitches about north korea or china or india, with their slave trade and gov't control over speech, it's always more bitching about the US. we need to go isolationist again. i'd rather be bitched at for not doing enough than for doing too much. *end rant*

You obviously know nothing of the work of the UK gov in this field?

i know most developed nations give some amount of foreign aid, often just because the UN forces them to. but i believe we send far more although i can't find any damn statistics on it.

EDIT: ok, according to this, the us gov't spent $13,287,000,000 on foreign aid in 2002. in addition, evil american (oops, sorry for the oxymoron) non-profit organizations spent a few billion dollars of their own on foreign aid:

Feed the Children $395,581,981
World Vision $372,045,000
Habitat for Humanity International $371,086,000

i can't find any stats for other nations though.

As much of an asshole as he is, killing Bush would be very, very bad. Look who is next in line: Cheny. Plus, I doubt Bush makes many of the real decisions.

yeah bush is basically a puppet. like most people he hasn't reached the stage of human development where he can think independently. he's like a kid who rather than thinks up stuff on his own, just mimics his parents ideologies.

Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfield have always been in the White House since Nixon was elected, except for when Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton were in, that's something like 24 of the last 36 years. They were there for it all: Watergate, pardoning of Nixon, Iran Contra, leaving Afghanistan in chaos the first time, Savings and Loan, Enron, recent unconstitutional supression of records from Bush Sr's administration, 9/11 coverups, leaving Afghanistan in choas the second time, fraudelent reasons for invading Iraq, etc (Just the tip of the iceburg). And of course you have the occasional appearance* by Henry Kissinger (wanted war criminal in many countries), Ashcroft, etc.

I don't think Powell is such a bad guy. I think they're using him as somewhat as a fallguy and sticking him with the dirty work. And he's probably going along with it in hopes of them letting him accomplish some good. George W. Bush freaking grew up in a test tube. Screw him and his test tube ranch.

*appearance = 4-8 year term or more, just not the full 24+ years.

fodders said:

Requesting anonymity, the source said the deployment began as early as August “to establish an intelligence network” that would relay information and details to the NPA chain of command about Bush’s eight-hour visit.

Wow, what a moron. He wants to have Bush assassinated, so he figured he might as well tell US intelligence about it prior to his visit.

Disorder said:

Wow, what a moron. He wants to have Bush assassinated, so he figured he might as well tell US intelligence about it prior to his visit.

That doesn't look like he's commenting about as one of the terrorists, but rather an informant for the CIA.