Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zoost

The QuakeCon interview with Tim Willits

PQ: Adding monsters in multiplayer seemed like a really popular option [at the key note speech]. Do you think it'll make it in?

TW: I don't know. We can try - it's not hard to try. We'll definately try to get it working. If it's fun we'll keep it in, if it's not fun we'll take it out.

Would this means possible Coop ? I sure hope so. Interesting article.

TW: Yeah, definately. The player goes on a journey. There's the Mars base, then they travel to hell to get what they need, then they come back and things are twisted and warped.

Cool!

TW: Yes. Definately includes new bosses, but I am not at liberty to say exactly what. Bosses are the one thing we don't take screenshots of, because the last thing you want to see is a screenshot of a boss. We wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

Cool!

PQ: Also - unlike in Doom and Doom 2, we haven't seen much wanton gratuitious violence other than the "demon in the bathroom" scene. Are you going to have more of that as you get further into the game?

TW: Yeah. Oh yeah. We have some twisted [censored], so that shouldn't be any problem.

Heh.

Thanks, I very much enjoyed reading that. It makes me want the game even more.

The imps leap to attack, and we have them crawling down the walls and on ceilings.

Insanely cool!!!

Most interesting Doom3 interview since quite a time. It shows again how they care about gameplay details and not just about graphics, for those who still don´t believe it. Other game developers don´t even think about balancing the monsters out for example (or at least don´t succeed in that).

They removed a monster not long ago? Do they talk about Birdman? Or... the maggots? Also, what is the Cherub? I don´t remember any mentioning of an angelic creature, but its sounds cool.

Tetzlaff said:

They removed a monster not long ago? Do they talk about Birdman? Or... the maggots? Also, what is the Cherub? I don´t remember any mentioning of an angelic creature, but its sounds cool.

I would imagine the bee-like demon babies.

Tetzlaff said:

what is the Cherub? I don´t remember any mentioning of an angelic creature, but its sounds cool.

I think they mean this baby.

You´ re right, I didn´t thought of that. Since the demonic baby is one of the new creatures and the spiderheads have a different name, the baby is most likely the Cherub. Interesting name choice, since the angelic Cherubim are described as having a hybrid appearance (human, lion, bull, and eagle), and the baby is a hybrid creature as well.

gatewatcher said:

Trites.

Tim Willits called 'em "Trikes" in this interview, but maybe it's just a dumb spelling mistake on Planetquake's part - I noticed a few upon reading the interview.

Btw, has anyone seen/read the words "Trite" or "Trike" and in that case, does that "anyone" know what they're supposed to mean?

Well, when i first saw that name I did not sound unfamiliar. Can it be I read the name in a stephen king book? Or maybe some film (about the alien - flowers that hunt people here on earth?)

Well I don't know

EDIT: the film was the day of the Triffids

Well close enough

Yes, Trite is a weird name. When I first heard it, I thought it had something to do with "tri" (3), but it doesn´t make much sense.

Dubh said:

Jumping Spider from New Zealand
Scientific name: Trite Planiceps

Good find. Maybe we should set up a trivia database here? :)

trike = triceratops

I think Crichton used that shortened name in Jurassic Park a few times, not sure.

Wonder if these trites in the game will jump at you.