Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Hurricane hassle

Apparently Hurricane Isabel is getting close to my area. It's really windy and shit is flying all over the place at big heights. I saw some newspaper get lifted from the ground and it leveled up to 2 stories!

What's going on in your area right now?

School is cancelled in Johnstown PA tomorrow because of the hurricane. I'm not complaining, but is it really gonna hit even remotely near us? We're near Pittsburgh for gods sake.

School board jumped the gun. We barely got hit.

it is sunny with not a cloud in the sky :(:(:(

i so fucking want it to rain

btw im in georgia

well, Anderson Cooper (of CNN) had a special report on how to prepare for Isabel, but if she gets up to Illinois then I think we're all fucked :P

fodders said:

Bush has declared it a "national disaster" and has launched bombing raid on Iran :P

fodurz is teh keeng uf funney

ON topic: A wild thunderstorm just passed over us (I'm in Dallas). Possible hurricane reciprocation?

Python_Junkie said:

ON topic: A wild thunderstorm just passed over us (I'm in Dallas). Possible hurricane reciprocation?

Naw. Weekly Thursday afternoon torrent, as scheduled.

i am waiting for that caldera in yellow stone to blow, that will fuck this planet over.

tlaking about half a state just exploding, whole area is a big ass volcano. i think the last time it got its nut off was 70MYA

Darkstalker said:

In Québec Prov., we're supposed to have 30mm tomorrow. It's nothing spectacular. I wonder if Doomboy's house is still intact...

Quite, my friend, quite intact. :) In fact, there has been no inclement weather around these parts in the last week or so :P

Its been raining all week, off and on. Finaly, Washington is back to normal. :)

Actualy, when I was 2 and lived in Connecticut, I lived through a hurricane that hit us up there. Actualy, I slept through it. :)

I vaguely remember a hurricane we had in the UK back in 1987 that was something like twice as bad as Isabelle (i.e. 100mph or so compared to Isabelle's 50mph). Wasn't very pleasant as I recall, and was apparently the worst storm in the UK since 1703...

Yeh 18 dead,15 million trees lost, Michael Fish the weatherman had famously said on tv the night before "There is no hurricane coming " :P

Well technically (i.e. only in weather-babble) it wasn't a hurricane, because it didn't cover a wide enough area or something :)

I wondered if anyone is being affected by Hurricane Isabel?

For some reason I keep missing the news when it's on.

Hurricanes, bah. Unless you live in a trailer park or a shitty house you don't have much to worry about. Although I don't know if hurricane straps are a part of the building code up north like they are down here.

DarkWolf said:

Hurricanes, bah. Unless you live in a trailer park or a shitty house you don't have much to worry about.

Apart from a tree/telegraph pole/whatever falling on your house or your car (or you!)...

You would think that since I'm not terribly far away from the coast of North Carolina (around 6 hours or so I believe) I'd be getting some rainy weather. But I haven't, in fact, it's nice and sunny outside. :P

My little pad in Quantico, VA wasn't really hit all that hard. As a matter of fact, we used the Federal shutdown to our advantage and drank all night. Gotta work the weekend now though...

It was disgustingly overhyped here in Pittsburgh. Everyone was like "OMG HURRICANE 9 INCHES OF RAIN 60 MPH WINDS." I told everyone it'd just be raining like it does about two out of every seven days here in Pittsburgh, and I was right.

Haha, we were supposed to get our asses kicked here in New York. But it was actually a gorgeous day. All we got was some heavy wind, which wasnt unwelcome.

DarkWolf said:

Hurricanes, bah. Unless you live in a trailer park or a shitty house you don't have much to worry about.

Depends on where you live. If you're in Puerto Rico, you're in serious trouble no matter how well built your house is.

Oh yeah...I remember a few years back there was some hurricane that went over Mexico and into the Pacific or something. For some reason, it sent weatherup our way and we had high winds and downpours...heh. It was almost as cool as that time there was a massive dust storm in China that came across the ocean so our skies were a little brown for a few days.