Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

New scans are out there

I've just seen a new scan of the revenant and the pinky, together in one picture at doom3.dk. I know I'm not supposed to give you a direct link, so you're gonna have to look for it yourself. The pic looks amazing. It was taken out of a new PC Gamer issue. The article mentions some interesting things as well.

They also go one to talk about how willits gave them a demonstration of a six wheeled test buggy riding over a landscape, but there wont be any vehicles in doom3. But Willits says that the functionality will be there for the mod community to play with.

Pretty neat. Unfortunately, some of the pics were taken down because they were hosted at some other place, so I didn't get to see a picture with a Trite. Maybe later. -edit- PlanetDoom has a thread going on about the same subject and it doesn't mention a Trite pic at all. So I'm not sure whether there's a new Trite pic out there or not.

Disorder said:

The Revenant looks very, very nice from such a short distance.

Yeah...and that fog gives it an überawesome look.

I thought the Revenant had a glowing "ghost body" over his skeleton? At least it looked like that in the last E3 movie, and it looked cooler than just an avarage skeleton.

If you look carefully, it's still there around his legs. I believe it only had that translucent skin around the legs in E3's trailer too.

Ah, you´re right, there seems to be a glow arround the legs. Maybe it´s an oscillating effect, and the screenshot captured a moment where it isn´t fully visible.
But only arround the legs you say? That wouldn´t make much sense. If it´s supposed to be something like an ethereal body, then it should cover the whole skeleton.

I looked at the big screenshot again, and it seems you're right. There's a 'glow' around his arms too. I guess you can see it better in brighter areas.

Arioch said:

Huge open space in that cavern, wouldn't you say?

Lots of space for lots of... cacodemons? :P

heh, I highly doubt there'll be more in that area than two monsters for the sake of framerates :P

and the revenant appears to have lost his pants :(

The Trite pic is up too. Just check the same thread on doom3.dk
It seems to have been scaled up, since it was a very small pic. Nevertheless, it looks cool. It looks like they move in packs, just like we've seen them do before.

This game just looks better and better.

Cyb said:

and the revenant appears to have lost his pants :(

Nah! They are just translucent instead.

Great Atmosphere in that pic! I love the detail in the crane. The whole thing does not look as clean as the previous pictures. I think that is a good thing!

As you progress into the UAC facility, hell's influence becomes more apparent, but you can still find live scientists. In one instance, its best to keep one guy, "Ed", alive, as his torch lights the way through a maze of corridors stuffed with danger. He lights the way, you shoot the hellspawn."

Well, ET like missions but a scientist instead of a tank....

Man... The trite pic looks damn cool, despite its poor quality. The setting (probably a deserted warehouse) simply reeks with atmosphere. And I find it more satisfactory now that there is more blood in the trite's mouth and even on its legs. Just fed on its prey, eh? ;)

As you progress into the UAC facility, hell's influence becomes more apparent, but you can still find live scientists. In one instance, its best to keep one guy, "Ed", alive, as his torch lights the way through a maze of corridors stuffed with danger. He lights the way, you shoot the hellspawn."

Heh, as long as that NPC stays out of your line of sight, then this would be fine - maybe even cool.

"I've not got a true sense of evil from the monsters yet. They're not aliens, but demons from HELL...and they have issues with your soul."

Hah hah, here it is straight from the developer's own mouth. Seems I was right after all! - No freakin' space aliens that look like demonic creatures, just sweet, sweet evil demons.

Zoost said:

looks like he has 2 camcorders on his shoulders...

"A day in Hell"
Camera work by: Mr. R. Boney
Commentary: Mr. R. Boney

Mmh, this pinky has flesh leg instead of metals like in the bathroom scene. Wonder if they either dropped it, or it's still in metal but they added skin or both will be in the game.

Darkstalker said:

Mmh, this pinky has flesh leg instead of metals like in the bathroom scene. Wonder if they either dropped it, or it's still in metal but they added skin or both will be in the game.

i thought so first, too, but look more closely. you see it has it's front legs stretched wide, and you can see only the other one of it's back legs, which is metal.