Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agnes

Crash

Hi all. :D My studies have been taking up all my time lately, so I haven't been able to draw much, and I don't have internet at home anymore, so no more art contests for me :( I'm at school right now, working on a philosophy assignment, so I thought I'd take a break to bring you some fan art. Thought I'd spend some more time on the pencils this time. It turned out awfully unbalanced, and I'm not sure just how much I've been able to correct it. I don't think this is the final version, either. I think I decided to go with a bit more contrast, so I'll probably replace it later. Here's my take on Crash, anyway...

Click

Awesome! You really made something great in the detail department. Makes me wish I could colour my drawings :-)

But I gotta point out that I think she's way too thin - especially compared to her thighs and hip.
[edit]Hmm, I looked at it again and found more small issues - to my eyes, her chest is placed too high on her torso. It just doesn't look natural in my eyes. Personally, I think you should've done her a little more a la the female marine you entered for one of Silver's art contests (as far as overall body shape goes), but that's just my opinion.
But then again, I'm sure you're already aware of these flaws yourself and I'm looking forward to seeing a potential updated version.

But the rest of the pic is superb - I love the detail in what little armour you gave her and the outstretched glove is nice too. Keep up the good work.[/edit]

dsm said:

her chest is placed too high on her torso

Young, female... what are you, gay? :P Seriously though, that armor would be very supportive even if she was a little older and starting to hang.

EDIT: Also note that she is leaning slightly back, thus pushing the armor up in the front maybe a bit.

Hmm. I like it. Has a very stylized 'spiderman' kind of body. (slim waist, monster thighs)

The hand bugs me a bit.. I don't know why... maybe more shadow would have pushed the perspective better.. Unfortunatly, the lighting of the image doesn't really grant you such liberties. *looks again* no no! I know what it is.. her fingers seem a bit flat on the middle and index finger.

I really like the soft colors you used. Blue and pink without the sugar. :)

Ultraviolet said:

Young, female... what are you, gay? :P Seriously though, that armor would be very supportive even if she was a little older and starting to hang.

I've been studying female body proportions for the last year or so, trying to get a better picture on how to do them right - I've studied it enough to know where the chest is typically placed. And that's regardless of a supporting push-up bra or, in this case, an armoured "bra".
A female chest is typically placed lower than a man's chest in my experience.
Also, try and compare Agnes' pic with a pic of iD's Crash model - huge difference there.

Look fantastic! I don't see where the unbalanced stuff comes from:)
Her face reminds me of a character out of Aeon Flux.

beautiful!

*I don't like the "better luck next time" though... There shouldn't be any text above that drawing at all IMO*

Glad you liked it :)

Disorder said:

How do you make that blueish glow?

I don't usually use a particular method, I just experiment. Basically, what I did was to duplicate the layer, add some gaussian blur and then set the opacity to something suitable. If you want something more detailed than that, you'd have to teach me what the Photoshop commands are in English. :)

dsm said:

You really made something great in the detail department.

Thanks. I thought I'd try to follow your example :)

Hmm, I looked at it again and found more small issues - to my eyes, her chest is placed too high on her torso. It just doesn't look natural in my eyes. Personally, I think you should've done her a little more a la the female marine you entered for one of Silver's art contests (as far as overall body shape goes), but that's just my opinion.
But then again, I'm sure you're already aware of these flaws yourself and I'm looking forward to seeing a potential updated version.

Usually, I'm aware of most mistakes, yes, but I'm always likely to miss something. The chest is not the problem, because she is leaning backwards. The problem is that it doesn't quite seem like it because of the head. It should be tilted backwards a bit. I had some problems drawing the torso, so I erased it, but kept the head. Usually, I start from scratch, but I didn't have the patience to do that this time. So the head pretty much belongs to a different pose.

Silverwyvern said:

her fingers seem a bit flat on the middle and index finger.

Maybe. Foreshortening is not what I do best, but it looks all right to me?

I really like the soft colors you used. Blue and pink without the sugar. :)

Great. I finally had the good sense to adjust the brightness and contrast of my monitor ;)

m0l0t0v said:

*I don't like the "better luck next time" though... There shouldn't be any text above that drawing at all IMO*

This is what I mean with balance. The main "weight" of the drawing is in the lower left part. Without the text, there's nothing in the upper right part, so it would be unbalanced.

Now, then. I think I should wish myself better luck next time. :P I'll try not to be this sloppy, as least. :)

BlackFish said:

yay! good drawing! but last time I checked crash's face looked like this...

http://bbg.ath.cx/wallpapers/Crash_PQcontest.jpg

but that's my guess anyway. :P

I wouldn't regard that as a proper guideline as to how Crash should look - she looks übercheesy and even less like a soldier than the Q3A model. She looks like...I dunno...some model posing in futuristic space outfit.

On the plus side, she looks cute :-)