Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

The 23rd is near - new material (?)

Several sites mentioned tomorrow's date in a few articles. Something was about to happen, although they remained quite vague. So, since tomorrow is near I thought it might be wise to open up a thread about what might come. What do you think is going to happen? Feel free to discuss and to report anything new about Doom 3 here.

Personally I'm expecting UAC's website to go online. Why? I don't know. It's a gut feeling, and it was bound to go online in the near future anyway.

We'll see new articles about a Single Player demonstration + a screenshot or two.

Disorder said:

Personally I'm expecting UAC's website to go online. Why? I don't know. It's a gut feeling, and it was bound to go online in the near future anyway.

Nope. I doubt that. PatD was talking about another code before the site goes online.

Shaviro said:

Nope. I doubt that. PatD was talking about another code before the site goes online.

Too bad. But a few new screens will get me excited as well :)

Shaviro said:

We'll see new articles about a Single Player demonstration + a screenshot or two.

where do you know that from?!

"I doubt that something special will happen!" (I am trying to outflank the fortune...jedi mind trick - let's say it loud together!)

Tommorow, the AMD Athlon 64 will be launched. I saw in some benchmarks that it runs graphic apps. very well. They showed that it outperformed Intel 3.2 Ghz EE on Unreal Tournament 2003.

I can imagine that they want to use Doom3 as a showcase to promote the AMD Athlon 64. Maybe we can expect something relating to that....

Shaviro said:

Just a guess..... :P

hope you're right...really!
a small movie would be cool...no new monsters just different level design and a little physics demo.

Who started the rumors of "Someday will happen the 23rd" ? I wouldn't get so hyped unless it's ID that started this whole thing. If something should happen, they should do something else than giving screenshots because we already have a lot of them IMO.

Darkstalker said:

Who started the rumors of "Someday will happen the 23rd" ?

Several gamingsites, if I remember correctly. Some didn't specifically say the 23rd. Some simply said 'next month'. But they were all referring to this time of this month.

Shaviro said:

well... PD tells me he doesn't know of any events tomorrow.

You mean PatD?

Disorder said:

You mean PatD?

Yeah!

and btw. Here's a quote from ign.com

There's much more to talk about here but we have to keep the rest under wraps for now for fear that some demonic hell-spawn will materialize in our office and start whipping fireballs at us. Come hell or high water, we'll be back next month with more details on DOOM 3.

Activate Asia

None would be more popular than Doom III. Although no game footage was allowed to be taken, we were able to watch a special 30 minute presentation, presented to us by Todd Hollenshead & Tim Willits from id Software.

One example is crawling in an air vent shaft where you turn and all of a sudden you’re negotiating with a mutated enemy hissing in your face. Another instance is where you find yourself stuck in a small room with no way out where a bull type creature is ramming the door, starving for your meaty flesh.

Ahhhhhh, air vents......why not!

Shaviro said:

Yeah!

and btw. Here's a quote grom ign.com

And I've also read something on a Dutch gamingsite. They mentioned the 23rd in particular. So there's something going on, but Pat doesn't feel like telling us. Is that it?

Obese monsters? ---> Mancubus for sure :D

[edit] Ah...

Some press articles will probably be out, but nothing major like
screenshots.

Shaviro said:

Obese monsters? ---> Mancubus for sure :D

[edit] Ah...

Are you e-mailing Pat? Ok, so I expected too much I guess. That's too bad. But we'll get to read some stuff again, which is good.

Disorder said:

Are you e-mailing Pat? Ok, so I expected too much I guess. That's too bad. But we'll get to read some stuff again, which is good.

Yeah and yeah. Looks like id has a winner on their hands! :)

Disorder said:

What's his e-mail address? I'd like to know if that intro song in E3's trailer is available somehow.

I'll pm you his address.

Zoost said:

Activate Asia

Ahhhhhh, air vents......why not!

yeah man, air vents are a staple of fps game levels, second only to crates/barrels

Cyb said:

yeah man, air vents are a staple of fps game levels, second only to crates/barrels

and lava streams in gothic churches with upside down crucifixes all around. d'oh.

okay...vents seem to be ok for me.

uniQ said:

okay...vents seem to be ok for me.

Absolutely. They're a bit cliche, but it always works. Especially with Doom 3's mood, I can see that it isn't going to be pleasant to get inside those things.

imagine doom3 without vents....argh...this is an absolutely must have for such a scary masterpiece.
i hope they have vents (really big ones) that suck you in if you get too near...splatt!...and they now could use REAL steam that is blown out or sucked in. endless variations of the same theme are possible now.

barrels within vents on top of crates! woohooo!!!11

damn! the big wait drives me insane.

when is the 23rd starting in usa? my clock shows 22nd@22:16h...tick tock...

Meeting demons in a vent eh? BEAUTIFUL <(^_^)>

God, the news keeps getting better and better, <insert release date here> can't come soon enough! =D

Shaviro said:

Some press articles will probably be out, but nothing major like
screenshots.

WRONG! Your source is not to be trusted! or is it maybe you :P

Zoost said:

WRONG! Your source is not to be trusted! or is it maybe you :P

It's not entirely new. Since a part of that picture was also seen in PC Gamer's november issue.

Disorder said:

It's not entirely new. Since a part of that picture was also seen in PC Gamer's november issue.

I classify this shot as a new screenshot, but i will not take you to court if you don't

Zoost said:

I classify this shot as a new screenshot, but i will not take you to court if you don't

I'd love to go to court with a fellow Doomer :)