Zoost

Is it just me or is doomworld becoming slow

Is it just me or is doomworld becoming slow  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is it just me or is doomworld becoming slow

• Yes, I notice it too
    • No, it is just you
    • What site?

I notice a slow response when posting or loading pages. Or is this just me?

Seems OK today, but a couple of times in the last week Doomworld timed out before I got to see the page. Other sites were OK at the same time, so it probably wasn't just my crappy connection.

I thought this thread was talking about activity and exciting conversations on the forums.

ravage said:

Your ISP sucks. Get DSL.

You convince a 'phone company to build an exchange near enough to my house to make DSL feasable, and then convince them to make it the first DSL capable exchange in the area, and I'll sign up in a shot. :-(

Enjay said:

You convince a 'phone company to build an exchange near enough to my house to make DSL feasable, and then convince them to make it the first DSL capable exchange in the area, and I'll sign up in a shot. :-(

Wanna hear something funny? The house next door can get DSL, and I can't (because of your same reason).

OK for me too. Any slowdowns seem to be due to local issues rather than dw itself.

On the other "slowness" issue, there seems to me to have been a decrease in spammy threads, but on-topic discussion seems to be at the usual level.

ravage said:

Wanna hear something funny? The house next door can get DSL, and I can't (because of your same reason).

Damn! I'm not sure if that's better or worse. Perhaps one day they might be able to up the tech to squeeze it along an extra few feet. For me, they'd have to squeeze it another 3 miles, and that's after upgrading the exchange. :-(

Part of the slowdown could be coming from the increasing number of ads. And afaik regardless of browsers the ads still load, it just depends on if you're browser's going to show them (popup ads in most cases).

Jesus, Enjay. You must live in the bumfucked middle of nowhere, eh? I live in a suburban area (sparse suburban, anyway), and I still can't get DSL either - not that I care to anymore, what with Time Warner building a little cable substation a block away from my house.

auxois said:

Jesus, Enjay. You must live in the bumfucked middle of nowhere,

Heh, that's a slogan the Scottish Tourist Board ought to adopt.:p