Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Funeral Fog

Gibbing

Alright, I know its ID and that pretty much gurantees gibbing, but why is it we either haven't seen any info about gibbing, or heard anything about gibbing from the MP demo perspectives?

I mean, they might have just not implemented it yet, but i'm REALLY getting worried.

Or am I just being paranoid?

DISCUSS GIBBING AND HOW YOU THINK IT MIGHT WORK

ptobaly like half lifes. BUt - the body will instead just have chunks knocked out of instead of the body simply "exploding" with 7 luings, 5 hearts, 17 ribs, and 6 leg bones. Errr...^_^

I don't think they're gonna tell us anything about gibbing, so when we play the game for the first time we'll slam a rocket into an imp and be absolutely astounded by a wicked bloody explosion with severed limbs and whatnot all over the place. You know, they'll surprise us. They can't just tell us EVERYTHING about the game before it comes out.

Anyhow, back to pretending none of the doom3 info is out so I can see what's in the game when it comes out. *plugs ears* La la la la la...

Zell said:

ptobaly like half lifes. BUt - the body will instead just have chunks knocked out of instead of the body simply "exploding" with 7 luings, 5 hearts, 17 ribs, and 6 leg bones. Errr...^_^

roflmao yea thats what was retarded about half life. killin a marine only to wind up with 4 hearts and a skull

Why would they need to discuss or mention it? Its not a key feature of the game.

DooM³

Features
-New Game Engine
-Lighting System
-NOW WITH GIBBING!

I'd like the gibbing to be like in the Resident Evil remake, where there'd be a huge spray of blood with some thin pieces of flesh flying.

....Oh, but about if there'll be gibbing in Doom3 or not. Well, I remember there being mentioning that there's gib models in the Alpha, so I guess there'll be gibbing, most likely.

A little birdy told me there was gibbing in the doom3 multiplayer demo at quakecon. And having spotted dismembered limbs and a guys intestines hanging out in the alpha it looks like that' what their gonna do.

I imagine there will be different gibs for different monsters or different types of monsters.

Funeral Fog said:
but why is it we either haven't seen any info about gibbing, or heard anything about gibbing from the MP demo perspectives?

Because iD doesn't wan't to give an awful lot of info away.
Maybe if they told us a bit about how the gibbing works in Doom 3, it'll spoil some neat surprises.

Anyway, some fella who checked out the Alpha (maybe it was Zaldron) said that he noticed that the weaker enemies were made up of many small pieces that suggested that these could be seperated into bloody gibs - seems to me that gibbing is more than likely.

dsm said:

Anyway, some fella who checked out the Alpha (maybe it was Zaldron) said that he noticed that the weaker enemies were made up of many small pieces that suggested that these could be seperated into bloody gibs - seems to me that gibbing is more than likely.

Hmm... I bet it's so they can have a big group of monsters fall apart and reconnect into one big monster.

Ultraviolet said:

Hmm... I bet it's so they can have a big group of monsters fall apart and reconnect into one big monster.

And make for a cool looking Arch-Vile resurrection :)