Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

Episode 5 music

Has anyone decided what the music for episode 5 will be? If not, how about this: REMIXES of the old stuff. My friend Emmanuel has been planning on doing remixes for DOOM music, and maybe mentioning this will give him the extra prodding he needs. He's old hand at remixing too, and GOOD at it. Let me know what you think, and I'll tell him.

Go to my site and make a new thread in the messageboard about episode 5, so you guys will basically have your own forum.

That reminds me. I've been having this idea of a midi remix. Even though I lack the utilities and software for midi-composing, the idea of taking parts of Map18 - Waiting for Romero to Play, E2M2 - The Demons from Adrian's Pen, E1M7 - Demons on the Prey, and whatever else that could work, and put them together in certain parts of the midi.

Ok, here it goes. Bare with me...

We know that the music for Map18 is based on F, E2M2 is C-minor, and E1M7 is A-minor on the musical scale, right? The main parts would be the base of the Map18 music and the beginning part of E2M2. Then take sections of the recognizable part of the E1M7 music and put it in somewhere. The whole thing would be based on the same key of the Map18 music (F) and would change keys according to the E1M7 music, in this case it would go F-minor to B-flat-minor and back. Or you can experiment around with it to come up with real crazy ideas.

Without actually creating it, I can't clearly describe what I'm trying to say, but I tried my best.

Go to my site and make a new thread in the messageboard about episode 5, so you guys will basically have your own forum.

Even better :P

Even better :P

Yeah. Gives them a chance to discuss this and without hassle of the DW mods/admins.

Yeah. Gives them a chance to discuss this and without hassle of the DW mods/admins.

o_O

o_O

They can make new threads without pissing you off.

I wasn't pissed off.

I know. Anyway, if you guys want your own place for episode 5 talk then go to my site and start an episode 5 thread and talk away.

I can set up a temporary forum at the Doom speedrunners forum for this aswell. Then, we can make as many threads as we want. I might do it, just gonna check BBG's offer first :)

[edit]

Ok guys, i support BBG's forum. Just go right here:

http://members2.boardhost.com/bigbadgangsta15/

(gotta learn how to url stuff up :])

I can set up a temporary forum at the Doom speedrunners forum for this aswell. Then, we can make as many threads as we want. I might do it, just gonna check BBG's offer first :)

[edit]

Ok guys, i support BBG's forum. Just go right here:

http://members2.boardhost.com/bigbadgangsta15/

(gotta learn how to url stuff up :])

Go to the forums. Then check your hotmail for your password. Then go to http://administration.boardhost.com/co-access/ and type in the name you use here in these forums and the password I gave you.

That reminds me. I've been having this idea of a midi remix. Even though I lack the utilities and software for midi-composing, the idea of taking parts of Map18 - Waiting for Romero to Play, E2M2 - The Demons from Adrian's Pen, E1M7 - Demons on the Prey, and whatever else that could work, and put them together in certain parts of the midi.

David Shaw did that a few times, I think...anyway, I think either mixing the original tunes or using some MM or especially MM2 stuff would be cool.

David Shaw did that a few times, I think...anyway, I think either mixing the original tunes or using some MM or especially MM2 stuff would be cool.

Yeah. I wonder why people don't compose midis using effects such as echoes and flangers anymore like he did, giving his midis a unique flavor. Sound channel usage?

I think either mixing the original tunes or using some MM or especially MM2 stuff would be cool.

If we do that, we'd have to give credit to all of the midi composers of the Momento Mori megawads.

hey archvile...i made a midi in that style (my fav, and probably the only type i can truly pull off) and will use it in an upcoming wad...i feel like i'vew already said this, like Déja Vu. Anyways, give me a place to post it and you'll be able to see if it's worthy. I personallyfeel so, and wouldn't mind throwing it into a big team project.

I think either mixing the original tunes or using some MM or especially MM2 stuff would be cool.

If we do that, we'd have to give credit to all of the midi composers of the Momento Mori megawads.

Yeah, all two of them...Mark Klem and David Shaw.

Yeah, all two of them...Mark Klem and David Shaw.

Oh. I thought there were at least two others than just them. Ok.