Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
auxois

TNT MAP16 omfg

Alright - it's way early, I'm tired, and I've been running around TNT MAP16 for the better part of thirty minutes. And I still haven't found the blue key. So I figure, I must be missing something incredibly obvious.

Somebody tell me how dumb I am.

You're really dumb.

Sorry, I never really played Final Doom. Go find a walkthrough or something, heh.

A better idea, as it turns out, because Gamefaqs doesn't have any walkthroughs for Final Doom. I could probably find one elsewhere...I might have to later.

See, I'm playing on EDGE. Does EDGE even have any sort of demo support? I know it won't sync with "normal" demos.

Well, I just had a look in a level editor. Seems that you need to find a teleporter in the south-east part of the map.

From the start, go across the rock ledges to the other side, open the door, take the next door on the right, go through the next area until you reach the water filled caves. Go all the way down the water until you reach the yellow door. From there, look for a nearby teleporter near the way you came in. This will take you to a small room with the key.

Wow. Great of all you guys to help me out, especially since you all hate me. Or something.

Unfortunately, I'm even dumber than I originally had even speculated and not only did I not even need the blue key, I couldn't even get to the area wherein you get to the teleporter to get the blue key.

I had missed the skull switch in the all-wood room in the...west part of the level (I think?), and so I had completely missed the underground, southern area. Feh.

I still haven't finished the level. I killed the two mancubi in the huge marble room, went through the teleporter in the smallish adjoining room (after collecting the red key) and then hit the switch it spawned me in front of...and now I can't figure out what to do. I guess I'll go see if I can't watch the demo in Eternity - or get PRBoom working properly.

[edit]
Welp. Got PRBoom working (putting it its own folder helped for whatever reason) and watched the demo.

EDGE just sucks. It fails to properly build the stairs (or, in fact, build them at all) down to the level exit. Oh well. IDCLIP it is.

Thanks anyway, guys. [/edit]