Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

OMG UT2004 Trailer!!!!!

I don't hate UT. I just hate having to upgrade my computer to play any of the games out there today.

yay UT, although I haven't played in a while, got sick of those sniper rifle lamers.

In Quake Team Fortress, the sniper was the most powerful class there was, not because he had tremendous armor or was super fast. Instead, he had a sniper rifle, capable of instantly killing anything at any range with one shot. Needless to say, this is by far the cheapest and most annoying class in the game. A sniper rifle lamer is someone who plays as a sniper all the time, and is usually not good with any other class. I imagine that the Unreal Tournament sniper rifle is the same way (never played it before, and I really don't plan to anytime soon).

Ichor said:

In Quake Team Fortress, the sniper was the most powerful class there was, not because he had tremendous armor or was super fast. Instead, he had a sniper rifle, capable of instantly killing anything at any range with one shot. Needless to say, this is by far the cheapest and most annoying class in the game. A sniper rifle lamer is someone who plays as a sniper all the time, and is usually not good with any other class. I imagine that the Unreal Tournament sniper rifle is the same way (never played it before, and I really don't plan to anytime soon).

Heh, at least I tried being proficient with all weapons, including the air hammer.

nothing in that trailer looks overly impressive, they seem to be just adding crap for the sake of adding crap and selling the same product for another year.

one good thing is, as far as I know, that people who bought ut2k3 will be able to upgrade to ut2k4 free of charge (via a patch of some kind I imagine), so at least you're not sol if you purchased it a year ago heh

btw sniper weapons take skill to use accuratly, so calling them 'lamers' is a bit baseless, it's not like a super newb can just pick up a sniper and start owning an entire server, it's usually someone who's been playing for a long time and has logged a lot of hours. and even then there are various strategies that you can use against snipers, the main one being rushing them with a rapid fire weapon in a random pattern

Sephiroth said:

man its gonna be like madden games, a UT out every year

Agreed. I really liked Unreal Tournament, but if this is all a forefront FPS developer can manage then I hope the genre goes does the town toilet. UT2004, 2005, 2006 ... whatever.

Heh and to think that some Quakers just want Quake IV to be Q3A with better graphics.
Man I'm grateful that Raven's too smart to listen to these dolts, otherwise iD would end up being hit by the UT phenomenon.

It'd be nice if they went ahead and did a different style of mp game, instead of all those UT rehashes. Like, something with entirely different weapons and no sniper rifles.

I like to rip the weapons and turn them into sprites. That's about it. I haven't done it since UT1 first came out, and that was years ago.