Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

splashing water sfx and more

Would it be possible to making like a "sloshing" sound when moving around inside an underwater area? i know I could just put several linedefs in the water and when the player crosses them it activates a sound, but what if the player were to jump on an angle into the water.. it would make the sloshing sound before he even landed in the water... that brings up yet another question.. is it possible to make a splash sound as soon as Doom hits the water.. I know I could set a short delay and then play the "splash" sound when you cross over the linedef that seperates the water from the land, but if the player were to jump, the delay for the sound would have to be changed, so that it would splash as he hit the water.. maybe this isn't possible.. let me know if you have any ideas...

You can use Doom Legacy. It has a thing when you jump into water it makes a "Splosh" [comes with little Splash sprite too ^_^ ], and as you wade through it it makes another sound. Im not sure about when you're swiming thou, but if you walk on water than it makes sounds.

You can do it in zdoom too.

I'm in a bit of a rush just now, but If you go to the Zdoom forums and have a search around you will find out how to do it, and also how to add graphics that make a splash on the liquid surface too. I think there is also an example WAD for it posted there too. If you can't find it, I have a copy.

Anyways, do a search for Corwin as he is the one who worked out how to do this in Zdoom, so the posts about it are mainly by him (go back a couple of months or so).

If you're too lazy to search in the ZDoom phorum you can get the file from here: http://www.paci-fist.net/doom/files/splash2.wad

Do search, because having this Splosh is DEFFINATLY possible in making the backround effects

Hey, I downloaded that file and it said that it was an invalid wadfile ... why? is this file located anywhere else besides the location Tarin pointed out? hopefully... thanks!

He's right, that file seems to be corrupt or something, but this is definately an effect that I would like to achieve, so, Enjay, can you send me a copy of that level to my email address (twiggy_reznor2000@yahoo.co.uk)? that would be cool, or if you can, put a link to the copy you have (if it's online, or, whatever). I'd apreciate it, and it would definately come in handy :-).