Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ceilti

Doom2 WADS, WADS, WADS!

Hello,

I've recemty begun playing Doom2 again. I've never played anything but the WAD that came with the CD. Now I'm ready to branch out, and I'm wondering if any kind soul could reccomend some WADS for me? I play Doom2 v. 1.03 (Mac, but I have Wadinizer so I should be able to convert PWADS to Mac format.)

I'm not exactly a genious so I don't know if *very* complicated WADS are for me. I mean WADS where you spend all your time looking for secret doors, and keys.

I guess I'm interested in WADS that are fun, have lots of monsters, different sprites, textures, and are very different from the WAd that came with the CD. I like the idea of MEGAWADS.

I've been to several WAD sites, but there seems to be little info about them hence this request for suggestions.

Thank You and Regards,

Ceilti

[wads]Ceilti[/wads]

Joking aside, you can find wads in various 'favourite wad' threads (use the search function to find them) or looking at people's sigs (the text under their posts) as they sometimes have links to various wads, usually their own. Like my sig for example. (the top link is a fun megawad that is very different to that on the cd - design-wise, anyway)

Ceilti said:

I've never played anything but the WAD that came with the CD.

Doom 2 came with 3 wads.

maybe he talking about Final Doom? IRC, final doom has 2 wad, plutonia.wad and tnt.wad, and i think doom2.wad . not sure tho.

Ceilti: just in case you're not yet familiar with the easy-to-use "Search Forums" feature, here are "two I made earlier":

favourite episode
favourite megawad

Note: you could redo the searches with the spelling "favorite", but the results are pretty much identical. Some damned Brit always piles into these threads. ;)

Opulent said:

He's talking about the Collector's edition -- which is anything but.

But that's FOUR wads. Doom.wad, Doom2.wad, TNT.wad, Plutonia.wad

Hello,

I like to thank everyone on this wonderful forum for thier replies, links, and suggestions. I'm thrilled that Doom still has such a loyal following and that there are still many resources avialable to those interested in Doom.

I first came to Doom2 when I was very ill and needed something to take my mind off things, since then I have a new machine and none of my old WADS or links made the transfer.

Thank you again, and a special thanks to the makeres of Doomworld and these forums!

Regards,

Ceilti