Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

Weird DVD/TV/PS2 Problem

Last night I was watching Tron 20th anniversary edition DVD (rented, not owned) and at a certain point, the color turned to that of a PCX file being veiwed as a BMP, and everything was made up of orange based squares and it looked like it was being veiwed through some sort of night vision. All the things that moved had a weird almost invisible block around them, that looked kind of like the Spectre (from Doom). Anyway, at first I thought it was part of the movie, but then I got suspicious. I went to the title screen, and it was like that, also, when it wasn't before. I restarted my PS2, and the problem was fixed, and it didn't happen again. What do you think it was? Was it my TV, the rented DVD, or the PS2, or something completly different? Thanks!

Most likely just a read error. IIRC ps ones and twos have always been prone to those when they get warm.

kain said:

the ps2 are prone to problems due to poor soldering.

not prone, they are bad. PS2's are the second single worst made electronics device i have seen. the EV-700 monitor from gateway currently takes the cake.
PS2 hardware is shoty and put together in a half-assed way. sad concidering how well the PS is made.

words of adice about PS2: expect bad things to happen. never sit anything on top (includes CD's!) drop it and u are basicly screwed!
turn main power off when not in use, and dont over use (not 10 hours sessions)

DONT use on carpet, can over heat
Also dont man handle. the boards inside are very fragile.

My friend once dropped a metal baseball bat on my PS2 when I was playing GTA3 by accident, the damn thing didn't even make a dent or scratch on it, and the game kept working fine. Plus my PS2 is a launch one as well.

Oh well, go figure.

I used to work in the software/gaming section of Future Shop, and we had 2 PS2s that were on 24/7 for weeks before they needed to be reset.

a few people have had no issues with them, but many have. includeing me. i got one and had it for a month before i traded it for an X-Box.

speaking of which. if you think and X-Box is large you haven't seen the atari 5200! got to be twice the size of an Xbox!

speaking of which i am in the process of restoring a 2600, needs a lot of work.

i also have over 250 game for it, i will start selling soon

Sephiroth said:

speaking of which. if you think and X-Box is large you haven't seen the atari 5200! got to be twice the size of an Xbox!

Yea, considering it's 20 years older the Xbox shouldn't even be half of the 5200

well the 2600 came out first and was like a 1/3 of the 5200 size. the 5200 has space to store games and cooling its massively powerful 68k CPU. same one i might add that was used in macs into the 1990's