Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

donald duck loves hitler

very, very interesting. But don't look if you are easily offended / a mod who likes banning poor, defenseless dn just because he thinks nazis are the funniest thing ever.

[Link removed. Sorry, but that particular website has certain 'other' content we don't wish to confront our visitors with. red. Mordeth]

Very interesting how propaganda was used during WW2. Not very subtle, but maybe it will open some eyes to modern times.

Y'know what's cool? WW2 propaganda cartoons from Japan. Too bad the Japanese did a much more thorough censorship job than the Americans did, but some of those that survived are featured with American examples in a book called War Without Mercy. Very good read if you're interested in the irrational race-based hostility surrounding the Pacific war.

Since the link is removed for other reasons, could I persuade you to tell me what the comic (I assume it was a Donald Duck comic of sorts - if not, please forgive my error) was about and what happened in it?

I've heard of this Donald Duck cartoon, but I can't recall if I ever watch it or not. I've seen a Daffy Duck WWII cartoon though and a another Disney propaganda movie about life in Germany.

Eventhough Disney and Warner Bros probably had good intentions propaganda is still bad. It is always based on lies, hiding of the truth and false assumptions...

I assume this refers to the flick "Der Fuehrer's Face" AKA "Donald Duck in Nutzi Land"

I think these 2 links manage to give info about the movie without being overly offensive in other ways (although, not having seen the original link, I don't know what the particular offensive material is).

http://w1.721.telia.com/~u72102004/painfulcinema/reviews/derfuehrersface/derfuehrersface.html

http://eayz.ka-boom.de/archive/094.htm

If for some reason those links are deemed unsuitable and vanish, here's a summary of the movie

A german band parades through town extolling the "virtues" of the Fuehrer with the title song. They awaken Donald who goes to work in a Nazi munitions factory, much to his regret. Luckily in the end, after a frantic day trying to alternate between making bombs and saluting Hitler, he finds that it has all been a nightmare and that he is still living the U.S.A.

ironicly good old walt support a few nazi ideas. though secretly, duh. the man hated jews as much as hitler and he wasnt too keen on blacks. i think even a few cartoons older than those reflect this. i know i have seen a few

i have seen a number of looney toons. one where bugs bunny is like "oh you dirty jap" or something like that.

however these are banned for the most part. most looney tunes have racist views, or other such refernces is in them. .

recently one such cartoon slipped by on cartoon network . it portraited mice as "niggers" (note i dont support any form of racism) who only stole food and ripped off the poor white men. yes the mice where black, with big lips and portraided like an african tribe

Sephiroth said:

however these are banned for the most part. most looney tunes have racist views, or other such refernces is in them.

Pardon me, but doesn't that qualify as being ex post facto?

Sephiroth said:

stuff related to racist cartoons.

Perhaps the one that takes the biscuit (IMO at least) is "Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs". I kid you not. There are plenty others too.

And yes, there are plenty of "Jap" stereotype cartoons too, with "Japanese" characters often sporting thick glasses and huge teeth.

A quick google turns up plenty off them.

one time on cartoon network not too long ago ( i think 2 summers ago ) they had a "toon heads" episode dedicated to ww2 cartoons. it was pretty nifty seeing them all, but they showed a few clips from others that were too racist and shit to show the whole episodes on. i cant really remember too many of the shows tho.

heh ive seen that. it is H I L A R I O U S.

meh, the donald duck, that is.

btw, wasnt that some kind of parody of the nazis? the soldiers marching seem very gay and their song is... heh, funny.

Yeah, I can see why that link got removed, I forgot about the main page. Heh.

Still, reol's favourate website (big fucking clue to those who want to check it out for themselves) does have an excellent library section.

Septhiroth said:

lots of stuff regarding to rasicst cartoons

yeah, did you cartoon network banned Speedy Gonzalez for being rascist? they siad that his slow counter-parts(freinds) portrayed how normal mexican people act. Then, the mexican people told cartoon network that they liked speedy gonzalez. they thought he was funny. And to this day speedy gonzalez is still banned on cartoon network

the donald duck cartoon isn't particularly interesting, it's just a cartoon where donald is forced to march with the nazis who sing a comical song that goes something like "the fuhrer says we are the master race, so we HEIL! (BOOM) HEIL! (BOOM) right in the fuhrer's face!"

eventually donald has to work in a missile factory and goes completely nuts, and wakes up in the good ol' US of A.

alas, not very controversial unless you're the knee-jerk type.

Zell said:

And to this day speedy gonzalez is still banned on cartoon network

Simply put, stupid. :(

Speedy is cool. Fastest mouse in all Mexico. :)

I think darknation has a fetish for nazis. :P

ravage said:

Simply put, stupid. :(

Speedy is cool. Fastest mouse in all Mexico. :)

I think darknation has a fetish for nazis. :P

Stupidly put, simple.

that's my only beef with cartoon network. they ban too much as it's deemed 'controversial'. i think they should at least show these things on adult swim, i mean for christ's sake look at some of those shows. i remember watched an episode of bugs bunny where three rabbits shot themselves in the head on cartoon network, and the next time i saw it that part was taken out. i've also seen a lot of tex avary toons where people got shot in the face point blank. they were pretty damn controversial for today, but i still think we should be aloud to watch them.

i must also note that the media back then was quite violent and racist, yet nobody shot up their schools, friends, et cetera. another reason why the entertainment industry can't be blamed for events like columbine.

oh yeah, i like speedy. now i know why i haven't seen him in a long time. shit, nickolodeon always showed speedy.

tex avary cartoons where people get shot in the face aren't offensive to any race or ethnicity of people, however some may find speedy gonzalez, nazi donald etc to be offensive and that sort of thing leads to endless complaints, negative publicity and a lot of times lawsuits.

in the end due to the general nature of people and how highly offended they become at times (which is understandable sometimes, but other times it's annoying) it's better and safer to just not risk offending anyone

note to self, u an find it online. kazaa yeilded it for me

very comic. donald saying heil hitler is very comic indeed

I saw that cartoon a while ago. It's more funny than offensive, seeing as how it makes fun of Nazis. Another thing of interest is that I was watching something where someone was singing that song, but I cant for the life of me remember where it was.

Even greater than that though is the Looney Toons cartoon where Porky Pig hits his hand with a hammer and goes "Son of a bi- son of a bi- son of a biscuit! Heh, you thought I was going to say 'son of a bitch'". Its real too.

the_Danarchist said:

Even greater than that though is the Looney Toons cartoon where Porky Pig hits his hand with a hammer and goes "Son of a bi- son of a bi- son of a biscuit! Heh, you thought I was going to say 'son of a bitch'". Its real too.

I've seen that before. I think. Well, at least i remember hearing it from somewhere.

the_Danarchist said:

I had a .wav clip somewhere of that, except as I recall, he said "gun" not "biscuit". I always assumed it was fake.

Draconio said:

I had a .wav clip somewhere of that, except as I recall, he said "gun" not "biscuit". I always assumed it was fake.

Yeah, maybe he did say gun, I dunno. But I actualy found a video clip of it. Too bad I forget where, but I bet you could find it somewhere.

I recall seeing a Warner Bros. cartoon where Bugs Bunny calls another cartoon character (don't remember who now) "ol' slant-eyes".

monochrome said:

that's my only beef with cartoon network. they ban too much as it's deemed 'controversial'.

And yet 99% of their shows are shit. How do they manage to pull THAT one off, I wonder...

monochrome said:
i must also note that the media back then was quite violent and racist, yet nobody shot up their schools, friends, et cetera. another reason why the entertainment industry can't be blamed for events like columbine.[/B]

VERY good point. And you know, the entertainment industry was never blamed for anything back then because it supported stuff like the war going on. Now that there's no big war at the moment, suddenly any violence in entertainment is a huge concern. I guess the "stupid people in large groups" theory (which I've always subscribed to) applies; they want to have something to fight, don't they?

My theory is that eventually, all these bannings by the "stupid people in large groups" will start to look absurdly silly, even to them. That's when they'll finally get their heads out of their asses and think more rationally instead of just going "OMG that guy just fired a gun, BAN!!!!" Hopefully these absurd bannings will be a thing of the past... someday. *rolls eyes*

monochrome said:oh yeah, i like speedy. now i know why i haven't seen him in a long time. shit, nickolodeon always showed speedy. [/B]

*Suddenly notices*
Frankly, Speedy pwnz 99 if not 100% of Cartoon Network's current lineup.

About these cartoon bannings (and please tell me if I'm just spitting back what's already been said):

I frankly don't like the idea one bit. Sure, the cartoons are considered racist now, but back then they were perfectly accepted as the norm. Like I said earlier, banning cartoons that were made in 1930s just because they contain what we call racist depictions now is a prime example of what SHOULD be illegal to begin with, an ex post facto law.

What I don't understand is this: why do a lot of people who say that depicting minorities in a "racist" way is ignorant and stupid turn around and make movies that completely skew history?

Need a couple of examples? Fine.

The John Wayne movie The Alamo depicted William B. Travis and Jim Bowie as partners who got along and the latter fighting gallantly (sp) in the battle dying with honor. The truth is this; not only did Travis and Bowie hate each other's guts with a passion, but Bowie never fought in the battle at all! He was sick in bed the whole time from alcohol poisoning! Neither did he die honorably either; he was killed in cold blood almost helplessly by the Mexican troops while he was still lying in bed with only a pistol to fend off 3 or 4 of the troops over him.

Another yet more general example: Anybody who's seen movies with Roman gladiators in them (e.g. Spartacus and Gladiator) knows of the old "thumbs-up, thumbs-down" routine. VERY contrary to popular belief, the gestures were the exact opposite: thumps UP meant "kill him", thumbs DOWN mean "let him live". Anybody who wishes to argue with me on this point should know that I've taken 3 years of Latin/Roman History, the last year being pre-AP (I was year too late to get all 4 years in).

All I'm trying to say is: to all who oppose certain cartoons just because of their "racist" depictions, however brief, practice what you preach first before complaining about it and GET HISTORY RIGHT FOR A CHANGE!!!!!