Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Compet-N Has Disappeared!

Or at least that's what Ola thought when he came screaming into the room shouting "Why is Compet-N DOWN?!" The rest of us didn't know anything had happened, because we're kinda slow. Anyways, once we checked our email we realized that Compet-N has moved to a new location. Ola was not impressed that Doomworld did not have an update regarding this profound event, so I told him I'd write a Compet-N update with the new link (perhaps using the link several times), and here it is. Are you happy now, OLA?! Oh yeah, there are new speedruns on Compet-N.

I'm never happy! I'm just a tad less grumpy. Go COMPET-N!

Hmm... I have started to become lazy. :(
Only one coop demo.

Glad someone found them. I wondered where they went. I just love all the new demos. Man there is sure some talent there.

NiGHTMARE said:

Someone made a Chicken Run style level?

mean, I only made one coop demon togther with vincent "peroxyd".
A episode2 max run.

I haven't been able to connect to the pwad demo database. Anybody else had any luck? I'm referring to lmps from AV, Hell Revealed, MM, and the other accepted megawads.

Thanks!

Actually, to be precise, the databate on Compet-n refers only to the IWADs (though the archive obviously has demos for the IWADs and the selected PWADs.)

Here's another way to access the Compet-n archive, which might be faster for some people, as FTP is a bit slow to respond sometimes:

http://competn.doom2.net/compet-n/

Four days ain't no "bump."

Also, anyone getting problems downloading a demo from the update (in most cases due to a typo) can access the demo through the archive (FTP or HTTP.) And you can also report the typo or problem to Adam if you're generous.

I always find it easiest just to download the fullzip (older ones are archived here and here), and marvel at how AdamH finds the time to make all those links to the individual demos in each news update.

yeah, each update is no small task.
I'd have to check the dates, but I think Adam has been giving his time to the Compet-N longer than any other admin.
let's just say we're very happy it is in such compet-ent hands. ;)

ukiro said:

myk said:

Actually, to be precise, the databate on Compet-n refers only to the IWADs (though the archive obviously has demos for the IWADs and the selected PWADs.)

Here's another way to access the Compet-n archive, which might be faster for some people, as FTP is a bit slow to respond sometimes:

http://competn.doom2.net/compet-n/

Thank you both for the links! I was able to reach the pwads lmps :).