Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

More From the Rumor Mill

Over at this here NIN site you can read up on the latest rumors about Trent Reznor and the Doom 3 soundtrack. Apparently someone wrote in about a small blurb in Game Informer Magazine which states that Reznor is not, in fact, doing the soundtrack for Doom 3, but Chris Vrenna is instead. For those who may not know, Vrenna did the soundtracks for ex-id employee American McGee's Alice and the recent Enter the Matrix game. Of course this could all be speculation as there's still no official word on the original Reznor news that he's no longer working on the soundtrack, but it's been a slow news week, and we all know what rabbid NIN fans Doomers are. Discuss!

I don't care who does music, I want to know ho does SOUND EFFECTS. I hate it when they use sample CDs, especially when it's something I've heard before. It's really not that hard to make good sounds if you get someone to work on it for a month or two... In that time you could record and edit maybe a thousand sounds, and how many do you really need?

i don't care about doom3 but chris vrenna did some rather excellent music for alice.

and, for another little tidbit, chris vrenna was the live drummer for NIN up through the downward spiral.

I've heard sounds from Doom in other things so many times(especially cartoons), usually the shooting boss cube sound, the door sounds, and the former human grunts.

Like Bloodshedder said, as long as the SFX and "music" are immersive, then I don't really care. If it IS done by Vrenna or Reznor, however, it'll just give me one more excuse call either guy "well-rounded" in the world of music, heh.

ukiro said:

In that time you could record and edit maybe a thousand sounds, and how many do you really need?

Well, there's over 1000 in the leaked alpha alone.