Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

Episode 5

how abotu this for a episode name? im not sure how many are familiar with iron maiden but.."hallowed be thy name" actually im not sure how much sene tha twoudl make, but itsure sounds cool. and i think i hit the wrong button when went to reply before, i was wonderin if i could make the music for the game. it woudl be best if this would be played ib a source port that allows mp3, or .wav. i could try midi though. i play really evil sounding power metal. so bassically classical played on distorted guitar. i could do pretty much any style. let me know what style you'd want for the game and i could send you a sample of my shit..i mean work. yeah...id love to do it in robert rince style

No offence, but did you even LOOK at the screen at all when you typed this out?
"Hallowed be thy name" is a quote from the Lords Prayer, btw.

Well Freedoom2.wad is progressing SO nicely and so much of it could be recycled with freedoom.wad... hmph. I don't want to be an asshole and ask for more than what I'm getting I guess, but still, it would kick ass. =)

People could break up into teams to do the Episodes.

I dont have any objections to people doing a Freedoom1 project. Everyone is free to reuse any part of Freedoom as they wish. On the other hand, I wouldnt want to distract away from the main Freedoom project. I'd rather see one complete IWAD than two half finished IWADs :)

Well, seeing as this episode is all about nightmares and stuff, each level could be completely different from all the others, as long as they all look evil and twisted somehow.

I have a better idea for the map voting system. Since this will be another community project, the best way to pick the best maps is to have a community voting system. Once all the maps are completed, put them available for download on the condition that everyone rates their first, second, and third favourite maps from the lot. With this system, we could also get the old id crew to vote on the maps and let them have a say in what the fifth episode is like.

It seems a few people have taken over control of the project, but I just have a few questions... first it started off as the dream idea, and then get's changed to hellish base? or.. what?

No, That is what we agreed upon in the beginning. I was meaning to say hellish base from your nightmare i suppose. I think everyone should stick to this theme, as it allows a lot of variation and provides something for all the E5 maps to have in common. The degree of 'hellification' is totally up to you.

I think a community vote would be a) Hard to set up andd B) A little pointless. If we take judges from different sides of the community, we'll basicly have the same effect.

Masterhassan: Make some midi and send it to mschultz@online.no, and i'll see if i can use it :) Maybe we should build up a midi pool so the mappers can pick what they think fits?

"Hallowed be thy name" is a quote from the Lords Prayer, btw.

I still say we should name it "Is it necrophelia if the body is still warm?"

It'd be just as pointless as Freedoom is in that case (and that ain't pointless at all).

They aren't really comparible as they serve two totally different functions

Sheesh. The sooner I get my own conection the better, judging on all the stuff I miss here in a few days.

And, my replies to various stuffage:

...it was Jayextee's idea in the first place so he logically should be the head of the project (confirmation please?)

I'd rather make maps, also as I'm not on the net too much, I'd be far to absent to make a great project leader.

Besides, I'm much better as a random ideas source ;)

Give the episode theme CLEARLY. I personaly think Nick's idea to revisit classic maps an hellish way is cool, but there are lots of other ways to make nightmarish maps.

I don't think that there are enough levels for UDoom that use those mega-cool SKINTEK textures, or use the tech/skin theme too much. And, mixing this with bases: we sort of have an alien, fucked up, twisted world that looks cool. Or so I think.

IMHO: Fleshy tech bases from hell. Cool.

You can also ask for very little levels... like a guy's got an idea for a single room: let him submit it and have it used by others.

Heh, this should be an approach to ALL projects, IMO. Would help for those times when you just CAN'T think what to add to a level. We all get them ;)

I think we should run this as a competition.

Equally yes and no. It would probably have the best results this way, but who could fork out for a prize? And, winning won't be the point - a new episode will.

I propose myself and Opulent (doomworld.com/sda) as gameplay judges (if Opulent wants to)

Actually, I'd personally get most of the demo-kings to judge it, were it a contest. They are the ones most likely not to turn a blind eye to lack of gameplay because a map has good eye candy, it seems.

how abotu this for a episode name? im not sure how many are familiar with iron maiden but.."hallowed be thy name"

That's a bit too religious for my liking, masterhassan. And, were it not on the wrong plane entirely (This is Doom, we refer to the devil, not God :) it would actually be fairly cool.

On the other hand, I wouldnt want to distract away from the main Freedoom project. I'd rather see one complete IWAD than two half finished IWADs :)

Then, fraggle, this is a way to (1) make freedoom even more port-specific and (2) make freedoom offer even more than the original. Hey, I like doing that. MORE! MORE! Heh.

Since this will be another community project, the best way to pick the best maps is to have a community voting system.

Good idea, gooberman, but I have a feeling the community won't go for it - it lacks simplicity to an extent.

Damn that was long. I'd thank anybody for actually reading that ;)

Now I got E5 sites and forums to check, heh.

[quote

I propose myself and Opulent (doomworld.com/sda) as gameplay judges (if Opulent wants to)

Actually, I'd personally get most of the demo-kings to judge it, were it a contest. They are the ones most likely not to turn a blind eye to lack of gameplay because a map has good eye candy, it seems.
[/quote]Ok, i'm no demo KING, but i AM a speedrunner, and i CAN focus on gameplay as much as any of the COMPET-N recordholders. If you had followed that link i posted, you'd see that Opulent runs the second biggest demo site on the net, and he too, does a lot of running :)