Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MegaZzZeux

Offset Related Problems

When in ZDoom, and I have a railing like texture... it fits on just perfectly, but when in Doom Legacy(maybe others), the rail is floating high above where it should be. I've tryed upper and lower unpegging it, and adding offsets to it... but it will not show in the other if I do.

When I do nothing with offsets, or unpegging... ZDoom looks fine. Yet, when I play it in Legacy, it has an offset of 96.

When I add a 96 Y offset... Legacy looks fine, then ZDoom has a 96 Y Offset.

You must remember that Legacy is nothing like Zdoom.

that and legacy is poo these days. :P

If possible, make sure the offset looks good in vanilla, then it would definitely look good in both zdoom and legacy. At least I'm pretty sure. If the railing is supposed to come up off the floor, take the total height of the sector that the railing resides in, subtract the height of the railing texture, throw a negative in front of it and use that number as your y offset. If that don't work, uh, play Quake.

Total height of sector: 272

Height of Rail Texture: 48

Y offset = -224

Instead of making your railing at the the platform, make a linedef a little way off the edge. Use this linedef for your railing, and lower-unpeg it. That ought to work.

Mordeth said:

Instead of making your railing at the the platform, make a linedef a little way off the edge. Use this linedef for your railing, and lower-unpeg it. That ought to work.

Nope... same exact thing

Ok, this is crazy. Why the hell would ZDoom and Legacy handle basic things like texture pegging differently?

Sounds like a Legacy bug to me. Zdoom does things just as I would expect - ie like Vanilla, so if Legacy is doing something else, it sounds like it shouldn't be. Does Legacy have a way to report bugs?

I figured out his problem. I use the same texture in my wad, but the texture was laid out differently than in his. The patch is 64*72, and my texture is exactly that size... whereas his is 64*128, leaving some void space up there.

My only guess is that there's a difference in how ZDoom and Legacy handles void space...

...but it worked.

Hmm, if I were you, I would just replace like NUKEDGE graphic and lower peg that. That graphic is about the height of a railing.