Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wobbo

Oh Yes....

taken from the new article:

Tim: " We have a good number of classic weapons that have returned, from the shotgun, machinegun, chaingun, rocket launcher – *NO railgun though* – everybody's favorite BFG, and then a few surprises"

Im happy.

flame me

wait let me repea it again

*NO RAILGUN THOUGH*

Bwahahaha motherfuckers

discuss

someone's just gonna add it in a mod anyway. why do the dirty work when hundreds are more-than willing to do it for you?

Including the railgun in Doom 3 would've been stupid anyway. What's the use of a slow reloading long distance weapon as a railgun in tight corridors?

Disorder said:

What's the use of a slow reloading long distance weapon as a railgun in tight corridors?

For that one time when there are a line of Zombies shambling towards you down a corridor and you rail right through the whole lot with a single shot - gibbing each and every one. :-)

Enjay said:

For that one time when there are a line of Zombies shambling towards you down a corridor and you rail right through the whole lot with a single shot - gibbing each and every one. :-)

This would actually look really cool, but I still oppose the idea of having a railgun though.

PPSSTT!, I don't know what the big deal about needing a "RAILGUN" in D3 anyway. All it is(*As far as VIDEOGAMES goes)is a SUPED-up semi-auto SNIPER gun! PERIOD!! And as far as Enjay saying about shooting a gang of zombies in a narrow hallway so they all could be gibbed? That's just videogame "HOLLYWOOD"! There's no proof that getting shot by a railgun would actually "BURST" a person like that. From what I gather from watching Sci-fi/History and Discovery Channel that have mentioned about the railgun. The punch and velocity of the projectile would be so consentrated and fast that if a human were to get shot by one while he's running away. It would zip right through him as if he wasn't even in it's flight path, making a perfectly clean size hole. In fact, He'll probably run another 10-15 yards before he even notices he's been shot!

That how if feel about the so called "BIG BAD RAILGUN" in DOOM3 or any shooter vid-game for that matter.

psst, you know what you're talking about.
Whats with these super weapons, anyway?
Sure they make it easier, but when you use it on small fry and not the big bad beasties something in the gameplay is lost.
Thats why I don't like weapons cheats...or the BFG-unless it's for Cybie

tsareppsun said:

PPSSTT!, I don't know what the big deal about needing a "RAILGUN" in D3 anyway. All it is(*As far as VIDEOGAMES goes)is a SUPED-up semi-auto SNIPER gun! PERIOD!! And as far as Enjay saying about shooting a gang of zombies in a narrow hallway so they all could be gibbed? That's just videogame "HOLLYWOOD"! There's no proof that getting shot by a railgun would actually "BURST" a person like that.

OMG you're right. How could I have been so dumb? Games are not real life, and the rules you play games by do not correspond with the real world situation - thanks for pointing this out to me. That explains why after I got hit by a bus simply picking up my first aid kit didn't cure me.

Quick, take anything unrealistic out of Doom3. I don't want anything in there just because it might be fun. :-P

Oh, and for the record, I didn't say I needed a railgun in Doom3, nor did I say that a real rail gun would actually have the "Hollywood" effect I described. But to be fair, I don't really expect to be wandering down a corridor on Mars facing down a horde of zombies either. :-)

Edit: Of course, the Red Faction rail was a little different. You could use alternate fire to look through a wall using "thermal imaging" take aim, and then shoot your enemy through the wall. That was fun.

hm.. actually, i tihnk if you WERE shot with a railgun, it wouldnt make a perfect hole either... i think by the force, it would tear up all around it too... but nor would it cause things to jsut "explode".. thats why i never liked railguns in a game too much.. of cource, i got a railgun in my quake mod, but ive made it a little more reasonable.. :D

railguns ARE awesome, but i dont think it would fit well in doom3, for the above spoken reasons. its a tight corridor game. it would probably have slow loading times like they always do in other games, so u would probably be dead or getting hurt a lot while trying to reload it. i dont care

what i AM interested in, however is the "few surprises" mentioned. . . hhahaa i cant wait to see and find out what awesomeness we're gonna get :D

Railgun is like Knights of the Round in Final Fantasy, when you get it all other weapons becomes obsolete.

Q3 was very balanced, and I think they know what they're doing when it comes to games. A railgun would be worthless in Doom3, it would totally kill the suspense. The weapons should be made so that you have to save on the ammo alot, and that there aren't any "1-shot kill" weapons you can use without getting into alot of trouble later on (when you need that rocket you used on a imp earlier to kill the Caco or something like that).

I hope they make it so you need atleast 85% accuracy in "Nightmare".