Sign in to follow this  
Job

The Running Man Wins the Race

How do you think he'll do?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think he'll do?

• Possibly quite well.
    • Probably a poor job.
    • I do not care what Rob Lowe said, so whatever.

Arnold Wins!
There you have it, folks. I was taken aback when I saw the celebration on CNN -- I hadn't tracked the race, but when I saw that he one, I found it a bit interesting.

He cannot do worse than Gray Davis, the anti-charisma. I've never seen anything so pitiful than a politician unable to fill a small car-park with supporters a day before an election and whining on about how Arnold groped a few sluts back in the day.

Newsflash, Gray: Bill Clinton spunked all over Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office and the American public didn't care then, so.

Anyway, seeing as I don't give a fuck about California it's going to be quite interesting to sit back and see what, if anything, happens.

Damn, that is one creepy ass picture.

Anyway, the only thing that surprised me about this outcome is that it already happened. I didn't realize it was already so late in the year.

It's kind of funny that Bustamante is still the Lt. Governor. That could make for some interesting conflicts. Good thing Arnold has the backing of the moderate Democrats and a willing cabinet, otherwise he'd be in it deep.

It's not gonna be an easy task for Arnold either way. He will have to do some very unpopular budget cuts and/or tax raises in order to keep California's finance back on track. Fortunately, he knows how to convince the average Joe on the street, so het might pull it off.

I have a feeling they'll change the rule that you have to be a natural born citizen to be president, then he'll most likely run, and win.

footman said:

I have a feeling they'll change the rule that you have to be a natural born citizen to be president, then he'll most likely run, and win.

That depends on how he handles California. If he does a good job, no doubt he could be elected for president.

Arno said:

That depends on how he handles California. If he does a good job, no doubt he could be elected for president.

problem there :P

He isnt a us born citizen, so he cant be president of this fine coutnry :P Although i heard somewhere that his people tried to get him to run for president and tried to get congress, or something to let him run. They didnt :P

footman said:

Yea! Ever seen Demolition Man, one of the future cops says Arnold was president, maybe it was a prophacy!

I thought he'd do it, and me being an Arnie fan, I think he'll do good and he'll have all his little council friends to help him.(you have those in America right?)

Btw. 250 posts, Yay!

What people don't realize is that Arnold will do no better/worse job than anyone else. Politics is simply, having opinions and making decisions based off them. People who say "Uh well he's never been in politics before" are simply naive. Governors and politicans are allowed to surround them selves with cabinet members specializerd in fields to help them make the correct decisions based off their professional opinions. I live in Minnesota, and I remember when Jesse Ventura was elected governor. The man did a fair job, and people should lok at that. The state didn't collapse, cities didn't burn to the ground because a wrestler was governor. He ran because he actually cared about politics and wanted to make a difference. Personally, I didn't have to agree with everything he did in office, but it was a HELL of a nice change to see someone forming their OWN opinions and SAYING what they felt rather than what people wanted to hear.

Just my opinion people.

If we can find a way to make him president, things may look better for us. :P Go cousin Arnie!

Heh I saw all this on the news just a few minutes ago. He might very well do a good job, then again, maybe not. Only time will tell.

ravage said:

If we can find a way to make him president, things may look better for us. :P Go cousin Arnie!

Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT), has proposed amending the US Constitution to allow naturalized immigrants, such as his good friend Arnold Schwarzenegger, to run for President.

Scuba Steve said:

What people don't realize is that Arnold will do no better/worse job than anyone else. Politics is simply, having opinions and making decisions based off them. People who say "Uh well he's never been in politics before" are simply naive. Governors and politicans are allowed to surround them selves with cabinet members specializerd in fields to help them make the correct decisions based off their professional opinions. I live in Minnesota, and I remember when Jesse Ventura was elected governor. The man did a fair job, and people should lok at that. The state didn't collapse, cities didn't burn to the ground because a wrestler was governor. He ran because he actually cared about politics and wanted to make a difference. Personally, I didn't have to agree with everything he did in office, but it was a HELL of a nice change to see someone forming their OWN opinions and SAYING what they felt rather than what people wanted to hear.

Just my opinion people.

Pretty much what I think. Arnold has a pretty sharp mind and he married into the Kennedys, I don't think he lacks for political knowledge.

Ichor said:

He did say he won't make any more movies after this.

Dammit

Ichor said:

He did say he won't make any more movies after this.

Unless his political career fails, which isn't out of the question.

Then we might see some more Arnold movies. :)

I doubt it. If he does end up like Jesse Ventura, then he won't have very many fans left.

Ichor said:

I doubt it. If he does end up like Jesse Ventura, then he won't have very many fans left.

Movie acting != wrestling acting

Both are fake, but one is slightly more believable.

Heh, when he bows out of office in a couple of years, do you think he'll say "I'll be back?"