Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

Skulltag v0.95c Bug Report Thread

Wasp, fly, bee... oh, THOSE bugs.

Dunno, still downloading it. Give me roughly twenty minutes, ok?

deathz0r said:

Wasp, fly, bee... oh, THOSE bugs.

Dunno, still downloading it. Give me roughly twenty minutes, ok?

What makes you think you'll have a bug to report? :P

Crashes changing the detail and resolution settings, crashes on exit. Zdoom 47.cab works fine. I've sent one bug report with more details.

WinXP SP1
Athlon 2800XP
1024Mb ram
ATI Radeon 9800Pro

In teamgames score doesnt cleared when _all_ players leave team. imho its strange when i join empty server but there is nonempty score on it (in case if 0.95d will be released tomorrow :P )

Testing in coop mode I found a plethora of bugs:

* With item respawn on, if an item hasn't respawned yet, and you walk across where it's supposed to be, it draws the item, but it's not REALLY there. After you see a respawn fog, it appears. This seems to only happen with items you're capable of picking up, so won't work if you have full health or ammo. Instead of respawning the items, they seem to go into this state where you have to walk over them, and THEN they'll respawn later.

* The switch in MAP04 that turns on the lights in the hallway doesn't work.

* I figured out the bug where guns shoot the wrong kind of ammo. If you hold down teh button until that gun is out of ammo, the next gun will shoot one or two of that ammo type while loading. So if you're using a RL until it's out of ammo and you pull up the pistol, it'll shoot a rocket. This doesn't happen 100% of the time. Also it seems that using the plasma when a level first starts doesn't work. It pretends to shoot but doesn't until about 3 seconds later.

* Related to the bug where you bounce up and down on a ledge, if a monster shoots while on a ledge he'll drop below the ground.

* I've noticed when you type really fast it seems to skip a character or two. It happens pretty often so I don't think it's my typing. And a few times I've actually seen it display the character and then erase it quickly.

* If you're scratched by a monster (demon bite, lost soul attack, imp scratch, caco bite) sometimes screen just repeatedly flashes red and never stops until you die. EDIT: It just happened when a Baron hit me long range, so it must just be random.

* It claims a lot of the normal Doom2 levels "have no player 2 start" and kicks all the players. When the players reconnect, some have taken the skin, name, and color of existing players (several times another (ZooM)Nanami has joined and they had to fix it all over again).

* The stair in MAP07 only raised by 1 unit when the arachnotrons died.

EDIT: Here's some more:

* I'm not sure what caused it, but a revenant shot a stationary heat-seeker at me earlier.

* When doing F12 to watch other players, their weapon locks. It doesn't animate and if they switch weapons you can't tell, so it looks like their plasma is shooting bullets and rockets and BFG shots.

i also had a problem where after i died my screen panned up and down for no reason. and of course that identity fraud error i reported on #skulltag.

EDIT: it also tends to lock up right here. a LOT.

Found another bug. Mancs don't shoot normally. Instead of spreading their fireballs they all shoot forward, so you get 3 sets of stacked fireballs going forward.

EDIT: You can put decals on moving/animated walls, like sidescrollers or sladdrip. In ZDoom you don't, because that'd be stupid.

Nanami said:

Found another bug. Mancs don't shoot normally. Instead of spreading their fireballs they all shoot forward, so you get 3 sets of stacked fireballs going forward.

EDIT: You can put decals on moving/animated walls, like sidescrollers or sladdrip. In ZDoom you don't, because that'd be stupid.

if you have sliding lightsm then it doesnt looks tupid :P

I didn't really miss it, we already discussed the identity stealing with Carn directly.

EDIT: If you die when Doomsphere is wearing off, when you come back the screen will be flashing as if invulnerability is wearing off and then stop afterwards.

Well, i got this really exciting bug..
it makes me win all the time so after a couple of hours im starting
to get bored.. =)

The bots dosn't move an inch, they are all standing around
trying to find the trigger on their weapons, meaning that they
dosn't fire either...

ZappaZ said:

dosn't fire either...

OMG TIMELINE!!!!!1111one

ZappaZ said:

Well, i got this really exciting bug..
it makes me win all the time so after a couple of hours im starting
to get bored.. =)

dosn't fire either...

The bots don't work in this version, and won't until version 96 or later. Try playing online, there's usually some people willing to play.

ZappaZ said:

i see, thanx

Yeah, this version I wanted to focus on just converting Skulltag over to ZDoom 2.0+ and fixing the multiplayer. If I had done all that AND bots too, ST wouldn't be released for another 6 months at least.

One thing at a time :) They'll be worked on tho once v0.95 is fully done.

OK, I got an interesting bug.

Line of sight activates projectile impact lines. I noticed this when playing my own level (NJMA01.WAD). Everytime I looked at a computer or window, it smashed. (You'll need to rename the grenade pickup in DECORATE to make the WAD SkullTag compatible).

However, it's easy to see elsewhere. Warp to Doom2 map18 and move in front of the shot activated door right at the start. It will open. Then as you move the mouse to look around through the open door, you can hear the switch clicking loads of times a second.

Yeah, we noticed this bug earlier. The glass in ZooM's lounge was breaking when looking at it. I think Carn fixed it in 95d.

Jwarrier[HeLL] said:
Carnevil I would have to say that Skull Tag is looking real good man.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks man! :)

95d pwns :)