Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord Raffles

Wolfenstein-esque TC - Help needed.

Tormentor667 said:

Sprites look absolutely stupid :(

Why don't u use Wolfendoom Resources for this? These sprite enemies look much better and would fit fantastic in this environment. Same goes to weapons and items *secret hint*

They are too cartoonish.

These sprites are but proto-types, but do in fact look much better when the game is running.

Tormentor667 said:

They seem to be two or three heads larger then you. Change the HOV (like in Doom64TC)

Is that the player height? If so, then how does one change it? Can it be done with Zdoom?

Lord Raffles said:
Is that the player height? If so, then how does one change it? Can it be done with Zdoom?

I can scale things down with zdooms' dehacked.

Lord Raffles said:
...talk to me more about this... come on AIM.

Heh, sorry it looks like I missed you, so I’ll tell you what I had in mind...

When you are making the opponents, make them around the same size as the ROTT enemy sprites (witch is roughly twice the size of the doom humanoid monsters), you can make them bigger if you really want to. (Though it might start to make the wad a little large if you make them too big).

Now, when it comes to frames, every frame should be taken from 8 angles except for the death frames (You can have ‘3D’ death animations if you really want, but I’d imagine that would be a lot of work)

The frames for each human opponent should be as follows:

1 idle frame (one of the guy just standing around.)

4 Walking frames

1 aiming frame (the guy pointing his weapon at the target)

1 firing frame

1 pain frame

5 death frames

Now when it comes to guys with pistols, for their idle frames, have their pistols holstered, but have their pistols drawn for the walking/pain/attack/ect animations, also include 1 frame of them drawing there pistols. What I planned to do was, as soon as they see you, any guard with a pistol will only draw their weapon when they see you, like they would in real life.

That other thing is, if you are planning to give any enemy a bazooka/pansophist/rocket launcher/what ever we decide to call it, make them fire it at shoulder hight, I’m not sure if that would be the correct way they’d fire it in real life, but if their crouching, it will look like the rocket is just appearing above their heads.

And finally, I just may also able to include enemy melee attacks (such as them trying to pistol whip you or hit you with the butt of there rifle) without to much difficulty, but it can’t be much more then a 3 frame attack.

That all I can think of for now, again, these are just ideas, let me know what you think of them.

P.S. don’t worry about the sprite names, just send me the pictures, and give me an idea of how you want them to act and how many Hit points they should have.

Cheers.

For music you may want to use Renzi (milteristic march) stuff from Wagner.
I would also suggest some Beethoven and possibly Bruckner (full brass stuff), plus your march tunes.

Medal of Honor AA Soundtrack; I have it all. If you could PM me the level objective(how it's supposed to be played), I can organize the music for jDoom use.

example:

Stealth

Get a stealth track.

I'm looking for something to map for, if you have a maping spot open. I'd love to work on something like this, it'd be a nice change from all this tech style.

EDIT: If you want to AIM me, my name's s5hfifty. Can't gaurantee I'll be on though.

So do you need a mapper? :D PM me or something if you do, because I'd love to do maps like these and for something like this. I can map for ZDoom as well if you're wondering.

yeah... looks really nice. Although I would say that's not only Hexen, Heretic textures. I think I can recognize a few RtCW ones, but maybe I'm just mistaking... Anyways I was once planning to do some WW2 mod (before KoolKat finishes his own for EDGE), and since I'm using ZDoom for all of my projects (unfortunately without ACS scripting), I could be some help after I finish the Demo for my actual project...

Lookin' forward to some new screenies or even maps.

I can't be bothered to read through the whole thread, but apart from the sprites your project looks very nice. But if you do end up going with Legacy, I can help you out with the conversation system since I have a system already working in my legacy project where you can talk to people, give them things, order them to follow you and attack things etc,

If your interested, just email me and we'll talk about what you want.