Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Check Out My Doom Site!

Ive Been Building My Own Doom Site.I Started In June quit in july cuz i got grounded now im rebuilding it,The only things still under construction/need add ons to Are Co-op Wads=Construction My Wads=Construction Doom1SoloWads=Adding on everyday but open
Doom2solowads=Adding on everyday but open.

The link is
geocities.com/shadowrunner89

After your done looking around post a Rating for my site by this rank System.

1=Sucks Ass 2=Sucks 3=Dont you have anything better to do then this?
4=Newbie 5=Average 6=Pretty Cool 7=You must Be a Doom God Right?
8=Add more ADD MORE 9=Whats Your Real name,Ill bow down to ya.

----------------10=Greatest Doom Site Ever---------------
Be honest with the ranks please,Even better help me out by submitting files to my email on the site.

Edit*Waiting For Replies............(10 years later)........Still Waiting.........

I wasn't able to look at everything on the site, since the Geocities bandwidth limit got hit, but from what I saw I'd rank it:
4 - Newbie

Suggestions:
- The different background on every page is kind of disconcerting. It would be better to pick one best one and use that for every page in the site.
- How about giving descriptions or screenshots of the WADs instead of just listing them?
- Remove the background music, it's unnecessary and may annoy some.

I think your site has potential. With improvement it may become quite a good site.

The Bandwith just got hit?????

Okay First Thing The Doom1 wads dont have screenshots yet cuz ive been focusing more on Doom 2 wads,Second The First Five wads for Doom2 were early in 95 so no screenies the ones after it has Many screenies hosted by my second site geocities.com/shadowrunner892 dont bother going to that one though other wise that bandwith will get hit too.All im saying is when YOU GET TO SEE EVERYTHING then you can give me a reply.But 4 man dang!

Let's see...

Starting from a 10:

-3 for embedded midis on each page
-3 for freezing Internet Explorer every time I go there (probably all the midis)
+1 for running on Netscape with no problems
+1 for the few halfway decent looking maps and TCs I saw before the bandwidth was exceeded
-5 for using GeoCities
+1 for a nice background on the front page
+1 for not using frames

Total: 3

Geocities is the only thing i can basically use,Im only 13 and got like completely no Knowledge of Html whatsoever.Might Take Classes on html coding for websites though.I understand the bandwith got hit becuase about you and 25 other people who clicked that link did that,Not me,Using geocities really shouldnt be - dude.Thank you for the Tc's and wads comment i will soon have pages and pages of archives for them.Wait like an hour and check back.

If you Guys want info you may Aim me At XBlackDagger89X

For now the only links i can give you THAT ARENT HIT IN BANDWITH becuase i have Two sites ShadowRunner89 To Display most of the things and midis.ShadowRunner892 for The Screenshots of Wads and Wad downloading.

geocities.com/shadowrunner892/chemical
geocities.com/shadowrunner892/ratcage
geocities.com/shadowrunner892/mancubus
geocities.com/shadowrunner892/lws
geocities.com/shadowrunner892/pipes

If You Want The Midis to not play Sometimes Pressing Stop would work but im still deciding if i want to remove them OR -OPTIONAL- Put links on the top of the page Giving you a list of midis you might like to listen to during surfing the page.Just Please let me know anything you suggest and dont be afraid to.

The whole choosing the midi you want idea would be the better way to go. It's pretty annoying to be rockin' out to my MP3 collection, only to have my mellow TOTALLY harshed by a midi file playing in the background of a site. Sorta like Post Hell's music, but I think that's intentional.

Unfortunately that's not possible - whenever you announce something like this, the site is bound to go down at some point. Next time I put up some SSD screenies and announce it, my site will go down briefly. It's just a crappy bandwidth limit.

Allright Guys Removed Midis For Background And Added 1 link per page,Well except a few with a Listen To Music Link in white And for the Tcs Like goldeneye all the goldeneye64 midis i have and For Aliens Versus Predator Versus Terminator The Terminator 2 theme song

You know, even on Geocities, you can prevent your bandwidth limit from being hit by REMOVING THE MIDIS AND EXTRA GRAPHICS. That's probably half -- if not like, 3/4 -- of your bandwidth limit hit right there. If you do the HTML yourself you can simplify it a lot, too.

Browse around for some better hosting.. I managed to snag a free deal from 1&1.com hosting, I have 3 year free hosting (500mg space and 5gig per month transfer limit, .99 cents per gig over) and I snagged a domain name for 5.99 a year through them. Its a business grade package.. highly recommend it.

I am the proud owner of http://www.thesofafox.com

Here they are: http://order.1and1.com/

ShadowRunner said:

Too Bad i dont know Html Coding,Gotta Wait till next year(10th Grade) till they teach you how to code in html.

I'm 14, and I learned when I was 13. Don't be intimadated; I just bought myself a Dummies book and in about 2 hours I was making webpages. Now, less than a year later, I'm already programming in C++ and Visual Basic, also.

EDIT: And I wanted to stay as far away from HTML when this happened. At least you have some drive to learn it :-)

I won't give a number for this, just plain readable sentences.
A base is established, but -- ok, as you pointed out -- it could still use some design- touchup.
And Change Everything First Letter Caps Up into normal uncapsed letters except names and starting-sentences. Be sparse with way-different colors.
You should drop the worst links :P (and I make no attempts to say which.)

According to what I have read first in this thread (before visiting the page) I would have suggested using a plain black-on-white page, but since my audio device /dev/dsp is currently used and ... blah, I can't hear MIDIs from the webbrowser anyway. Missing plugin I think ;)

Work on it, it might become something.