• Children
    • Progress
    • Music
    • Beauty
    • Pain
    • Self-Awareness
    • Meditation
    • Death

I tried to be reasonably creative with the options, while remaining in the realm of possibility

Love gets the honorary first place, but I vote for music, myself

As much as I love music, love is a bit more important to me. Without it, I wouldnt have a good verb for my relationship with music. :P Next would come progress, and since happiness pretty much stems from all three of these, it comes next. The rest are all relatively unimportant, though I'd love to have kids.

I chose happiness, because that is what I value most. Children would be on the bottom of the list, because.. well.. I HATE ALL CHILDREN

Love, Happiness, Music, Self-Awareness, etc., these are all important, but I chose love, because I believe that once you have that, happiness follows, and the others are much easier to obtain.

I think for me the question is impossible to answer. It's so in depth it's hard to understand the concept of 'importance' when you get to asking so many questions. I guess the closest to truth for me would be 'happiness' because it encompasses all the other answers, or ties into them. Without happiness, we are nothing. It helps us as a race exist in our way that we do, but then that brings up the question of the importance of existence itself, or at the least the style of life we decide to exist in. Anyways, I'm ranting, and probably not making sense to anyone but myself. So I'ma go with happiness for now.

JavaGuy4230 said:

I think for me the question is impossible to answer. It's so in depth it's hard to understand the concept of 'importance' when you get to asking so many questions. I guess the closest to truth for me would be 'happiness' because it encompasses all the other answers, or ties into them. Without happiness, we are nothing. It helps us as a race exist in our way that we do, but then that brings up the question of the importance of existence itself, or at the least the style of life we decide to exist in. Anyways, I'm ranting, and probably not making sense to anyone but myself. So I'ma go with happiness for now.

love > *

Python_Junkie said:

So you feel like a fag every time you tell your mommy, "Love ya!" :P

he's just joking.

of course he's a fag

Meditation. So much more comes to you while meditating. It's very rewarding.

I'm going to vote death in this one... everything else is subject to change. Beauty fades and becomes ugly and cracked, Happiness never lasts, love is fleeting and what was love last night is the 66 stone boot in your bed the morning after, Children just end up little bastard clones of yourself, God is dead, Here and now becomes Then and After, boredom become normality, Music evolves into shit that you don't like, Pain dulls and you can never remember the sensation anyway, your self awareness dies with you or upon embarkment on any conversation with a diehard pop-psychologist, Mediation only leads to more questions and the knowledge that you will die before you discover anything like The Truth.

Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart. So vote death, the universal equalizer.

darknation said:

I'm going to vote death in this one... everything else is subject to change. Beauty fades and becomes ugly and cracked, Happiness never lasts, love is fleeting and what was love last night is the 66 stone boot in your bed the morning after, Children just end up little bastard clones of yourself, God is dead, Here and now becomes Then and After, boredom become normality, Music evolves into shit that you don't like, Pain dulls and you can never remember the sensation anyway, your self awareness dies with you or upon embarkment on any conversation with a diehard pop-psychologist, Mediation only leads to more questions and the knowledge that you will die before you discover anything like The Truth.

Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart. So vote death, the universal equalizer.

Heh. If Parmenides wasn't dead, ironically, he'd rip you a new one for saying that.

i voted for self awareness, because i believe that achieving self-awareness is the path to God..

poor god tho.. still zero votes..

Heh. I voted for pain, because without pain you cannot have anything else on the list.