Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

If you could change the Pink demon

If you could change the pinky demon and model him after the Original, what would you change?

I would make him more like an ape and have him on all fours, give him proper legs either like an apes or like the hind legs of an animal. but not backward legs. and maybe even shrink the eyes and have'em off to the side.

I always hear people saying that id should have stuck to the original design for the Pinky like they did with the revenant, but the Original pinky has some serious design issues like he wouldn't be able to support the massive size of his head, with just those two little hind legs.

I don't think I would want to see a different design than Doom 3's version of Pinky at all. Looks like a pitbull on steroids from your worst nightmare. I love it.

Definitly wouldnt change, the guy who's doing the modelling/artwork is doing a fantastic job of bringing out the evil part of doom.

I mean the legs may not feel right on the demon at first but, it makes an evil sound when its running at you, and looks very sci-fi.

Well let's pretend we never saw the new pinky Demon. would you do anything to the old one? like how would it be able to support the massive weight of his head on those two tiny hind legs?

Shapeless said:

Well let's pretend we never saw the new pinky Demon. would you do anything to the old one? like how would it be able to support the massive weight of his head on those two tiny hind legs?

I'd give him two metallic hind legs....seriously. Find a screen with the demon and put something over the metallic part...look familiar?

Shaviro said:

I'd give him two metallic hind legs....seriously. Find a screen with the demon and put something over the metallic part...look familiar?

Yes except that the old pinkey has a really large gapeing mouth and thats what I found to be its charm but I dont know the new design is still nice it just dosent give me the same demonic impression, it looks more like a mutant or an alien to me.

I wouldn't change anything about him(it?). The look of the face seems to resemble a battering ram of sorts; like the head is heavily armored because it is the most visible part of the creature. I think it is pure, demonic genius.

If I could change anything it would be the hell knight, basically because it doesnt look demonic enough. The pinky on the other hand looks just fine. I like the demon horns and goat hooves they look mean as shit. Maybe the later versions or the cyber demon will look that evil. Lets hope so

sniperfrommars1 said:

If I could change anything it would be the hell knight, basically because it doesnt look demonic enough. The pinky on the other hand looks just fine. I like the demon horns and goat hooves they look mean as shit. Maybe the later versions or the cyber demon will look that evil. Lets hope so

Uhh the new pinkey has horns?

Shapeless said:

I always hear people saying that id should have stuck to the original design for the Pinky like they did with the revenant ...

Those are just a few kids who are disappointed because they want everything to be exactly the same like in the original Doom, but that would be incredibly boring.

I wouldn´t change the new pinky a bit, it´s really well designed. But I would add a second variant of the Pinky all in flesh, without the mechanical back part.

If it were me, I would give it a much bigger gapping mouth. Like how a garter snake's mouth can strech wider to swallow an egg,(*Or a FULL SIZE MARINE, battle armor/ruck sac and all) and while it walks(or TRUMPS)It's lower jaw would kinda swagger loosely and it's lower lip would drool thick spit left and right as it struts. And on it's back Id give it thick hair prickles. Not saying I want it to be hairy, just occasional prickles here and there. And last, I'd give it's body a permenate shiny, glossey sweaty look. As if a inch thick coating of hot melted lard was greazed on it's body. Man I wish I owned a scanner and how to use one. I could draw damn good, and would love to show all of ya'll just how I'd make it look. In fact all of the the doom creatures/UAC and marines from TSAR's concepts.

That's TSAR's two bits...

The old Pinky Demon was just fine with me, purely demonic. The new Demon is absolutely badass, no doubt about it.

Shapeless said:

What pinky are you talking about Ashes2Ashes? you mean the new one has a head like a battering ram?

The new pinky has a long, wide, shiny head... as if it can plow through anything in it's way.

Disorder said:

On both sides of his mouth. Pointed downwards.

Oh I thought that was just a feature of its face kind of like cheek bones or plateing on the side of its face. I'v never really seen its face well enough to be able to tell that they were horns, anyway thanks for telling me lol coulda fooled me.

i would probably get rid of the metal hind legs, it makes it look like humans made it, which reduces the horror of it by 50%, i would probably make the hind legs a bit bigger than they were in the original

Thehappycommunist said:

i would probably get rid of the metal hind legs, it makes it look like humans made it

Really? I always really liked the style of the cybernetic demons in Doom (Cyberdemon, Spiderdemon, Arachnotron). Metal and flesh bolted, stitched and stapled together looks really evil to me.