Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

For anyone who cares...

insertwackynamehere said:

Here's an attachment. Can't edit and attach :-P

WHere is it?

Please read (2nd paragraph in particular). Or here.

BTW, I don't see much point in both giving a link to a file and attaching that same file, but never mind...

insertwackynamehere said:

Here's an attachment. Can't edit and attach :-P

WHere is it?

I've tried this ftp link for the tele-753.zip and received a 0 byte file called 'attachment'. I also tried the same link in the above post and eventually timed out.

The link for the wad worked.

As regards editing and attaching: I don't know about the editing half but I did type up a post and inserted an attachment yesterday. I then used the 'preview' option and noticed my attachment disappeared. After that I saved adding the attachment at the point I was ready to submit the post.

Yes, it seems that if you preview a post, the forum software forgets about the attachment. I fell foul of that myself a while ago.

I'm pretty sure the attachment needs to be a file on your own machine. I thought the attachment IWNH had given looked wrong, but I forgot to check it. Anyway, I have replaced it with a copy of the same file from my own machine.

The ftp link in IWNH's first post works OK for me (my edit in that post was to replace a 3dgamers link with a 3darchives link).

If you edit a post that contains an attachment, you should be offered a choice of options (keep, remove or replace) - unless they are moderator-only options, that is... In any case, I think you can edit a post without the attachment dropping off automatically.

Rich: this demo was in a DSDA update a few months ago, so you might already have it.

Interesting lmp and tricky!

I couldn't understand your carefulness in the beginning so I tried it and my noise activated the monster generator... now I understand. :)

Yes, it's not often you need to adopt pacifist tactics in a Max run.

I had tried another method, relying on the spawned monsters getting stuck on top of one another (it's not map30, so they don't telefrag), but it just didn't seem to work.