Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Whacked 2

Yay, a question. In Whacked 2, are there options that only work with BEX, and if so, are they labeled as such? I'm making a patch that needs to work right with The Ultimate Doom and DeHackEd, and I don't want to include things that will FUBAR DeHackEd.

Right now WhackEd2 can't do anything that even comes close to BEX (the code pointer mnemonics put aside, those are just a visual aid). Actually less than the original DeHackEd, since there are no miscellaneous and cheat editors.

And because of it's Windoze restriction, it reasigned my extra sprites to the lowest in the original game. Lame.

You mean sprite frames? That's something I recieved complaints about before. I'm still deciding on what to do with it.

ooh, just found this nice prog. the only issue i have with it so far is that often when i edit a state's properties it changes the sprite suffix to [ (or maybe it's ]) instead of leaving it the hell alone! e.g. SPOSA becomes SPOS] ... oh and there's no "close" option, heh. still it's nice though and it means i dont have to use dehacked, which scares me (As does anything that doesnt have a proper GUI)

The thing where bad sprite frames get assigned has been fixed by now. But I wonder what you mean by a "Close" option?

fixed? well i downloaded it off the site two days ago, is there a version elsewhere i don't know about? (0.50.166) ... you have open,save,save as and new. but if i've opened the file in a text editor and changed some of it by hand i need a way to reload it back into whacked. normally one would close it and open it again. like i said it's only a silly little issue.

edit: the changelog link at the top of your site does not work, it links to "changelog.html" not changelog.txt

My bad, I fixed that sprite frame thing in the version I'm currently working on. The changelog URL was fixed a short while ago, so you may have to clean your cache (or hold down your Ctrl key and click your refresh button while on the page and try again). I'm not sure about the close button though, WhackEd2 always has a file opened (although it's now saved if you have just started it). Normally pressing the New File button would "close" your file.

exile, thanks for making this program. I really do appreciate it. Try to make sure you keep BOOM stuff clearly marked, though.

Thanks!
The Boom stuff will be much like Doom Builder's way of handling different engines. So you'll have a regular Doom engine configuration file, one for Boom (which supports that BEX stuff), one for ZDoom (with BEX and any extensions to), etc. If that's what you mean by keeping Boom stuff clearly marked.