• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

Chris Vrenna?

Here's some news, don't know if its true or not:

From theninhotline.net
Vrenna now scoring Doom 3? 16:04

ROBOT FRANK sent in word of something interesting in Game Informer Magazine, particularly in their "Loose Lips" section:
"...Whats that sound? Whatever it is, it isn't Trent Reznor doing the Doom 3 soundtrack. Loose Talk has heard that the Nine Inch Nails singer is no longer composing music for the project. Interestingly, ex-Nine Inch Nails memeber (and American McGee's Alice composer) Chris Vrenna will now be handling the project.". . ."

Well it is from the same source as the orignal news came from...

Why would he score Doom 3? In one of the latest interviews Tim Willits said that there would hardly be any music, or something along those lines. Anyway, if Chris would score Doom 3 I'm sure he would do a great job. Alice's soundtrack was fantastic.

Does anybody know why NIN abandonded the DOOM3 team? He seemed very motivated in the Doom Legacy Movie. I don't actually recall his statement, but I know it was cool. Someting like "We want to get inside your head, and make it a nasty place".

'we want to get inside your head and make it an unpleasant place to be or something like that." Something like that. There was never an official word that he was off the project or why, from either side.

hm.. prolly some stupid lil business thing or something... hm.. that DOES kinda suck tho... who knows... usually you cant trust too much early news on a game until its released, ya know? :D

Chris Vrenna makes interesting techno remixes of NIN tracks and has helped Reznor out wiht mixing, from what i have of him his snese of sound is really exclellent. Doenlod the remix of "where is everybody if you dont beleve me- hes like a "dark" version of Telfon Tel Aviv

I haven't heard the soundtrack to alice myself but personally i don't see why doom3 would need a structured music sequence anyway. If anything it would need a collection of eery sfx like psx doom or doom64.

But then again there's the cutscene, intro , end and menu music to be considered if they are to be inserted.

I wonder why ID hasn't hired sound designer such as David Kristian for their projects. I agree that structured music tracks would not fit in a game such as Doom III. They really stood out like a sore thumb in I and II, in my opinion.

I read a rumor a while ago on a few other messageboards that Daniel Meyer of Haujobb was onboard to score the game, but I'm certain that fell through even before it was even confirmed.

Regardless, if Vrenna is now scoring the game I am confident that he will produce a quality product. He is a very skilled engineer and a talented producer. The soundtrack to Alice is proof enough.

skinpack said:

They really stood out like a sore thumb in I and II, in my opinion.

Your opinion is wrong.

I think Pantera, Slayer or Alice In Chains should do the music, i mean most of you already know the remarkable resemblance most of the doom music has with some of their songs LOL.

For you who havent heard them, have a listen and compare.
Pantera - Rise = Doom1 - E1M4
Pantera - Mouth For War - Doom1 - E2M9
Pantera - This Love - Doom2 - M18
Slayer - Behind The Crooked Cross = Doom1 - E3M3
Alice In Chains - Them Bones = Doom2 - M23