Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rich

Marswar demos/demoset

Here's map25 UV Max. Nothing too exciting - it's the sort of map you'd expect to find early on in a megawad (small enemies and small weapons), rather than near the end.

mw25-304.zip

I'm also going to try map 9.

I've recorded map 26 but it is much too long so I have to work it out a bit.

This is a legacy 1.40 lmp of marswar, map 9 - time 8:26.

This was not a difficult map but it did provide and interesting array of monsters and attacks. The ammo/weapon mix is good as is the gameplay.

mw090826.zip

Opulent said:

tried 28, bit of frustration... maybe I'm rusty. :)

I would enjoy seeing it. Do you plan to add the demo?

I believe that's the one with all the blue textures and the lifts. That can be rather frustrating. Not a speedrunner special. :)

yeah, that's the one... lots o' lifts. :)
I think I got a route down to shorten a max run, but the clean-up is messy.
I can just play it through intended-route, but it wouldn't be pretty.

Great! I had taken a look at map28 yesterday, and hoped someone else would volunteer to take it on... :) It will certainly be an interesting one to watch.

Map10 is another messy-looking one. Not difficult - just a long run where it would be easy to miss monsters.

I'll sign myself up for map06 (13 secrets, kinda messy), unless anyone else is desperate to do that one. Edit: Done, but ugly (10:10). I'll improve it.

Map06 UV Max in 8:54 attached.

Not the smoothest run ever, but at least it's under 9 minutes. I had an 8:30 but with 99% kills. :(

Edit: Hmm, I think my initial route failed it quite badly. Replaced with a 7:01.

mw06-701.zip

This is a legacy 1.40 lmp of marswar, map 12 - time 5:57.

This was not a difficult map but it did have some variety.

Time permitting, I may redo this as my playing is very much out of sync due to a bad cold but, then again, maybe not since these are for fun and I've not been spending the time I would on a DSDA lmp.

Edit: Updated with a faster lmp - time 5:57.

mw120557.zip

Torn said:

Oh, nice, I should try for this. :)

Sorry Torn, just saw your post.

Your more than welcome to join in.

As of this post, I believe the maps remaining are: 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 16, 17, 31 plus the 3 already assigned. We are recording them MAX style.

Since there are so few we have started selecting (one) to record and indicating that in a post in this thread. You'll see an entry up near the top that says who is working on a particular map. That way we avoid two people working on the same map. At this point in time, since I have completed my last selection, I have two maps (14 & 26) assigned to me while Opulent has map 28. At the moment Grazza has not selected any but I'm sure he's busy.

The only reason I have two is because map 26 turned out to be a lengthly one, which I recorded, but I want to improve on it, but not at the moment, so I selected another.

In summary, if you want to record a map, pick one that has not been recorded and is not already assigned to someone else. Then make a post to say which map you have selected.

Torn said:

Oh, nice, I should try for this. :)

That would be good. Rich explained it well.
btw, I didn't know you had Doom_2_ installed. :P

This is a legacy 1.40 lmp of marswar, map 7 - time 4:26.

No real difficulty in this one but, again, an interesting variety in design.

Edit: This is the faster one I promised after getting some rest.

Yes, the basic aim is to have a full UV Max collection, and the way it has evolved, once a map is "claimed" by someone, it is "their" map - how much that person chooses to refine their UV Max run is up to them; other people won't try to beat their time.

We could also include demos in other categories, but there is no plan for a full set in any other categories. BTW, I have done UV Speeds on maps 05 (0:31), 11 (0:36) and 25 (0:47), and a UV -fast on map 23 (1:25).

Opulent said:

mw28 in 10:04.

Nice. That is a surreal-looking map. Reminds me a tiny bit in some respects of HR map26 due to the blue areas.

Rich said:

At the moment Grazza has not selected any but I'm sure he's busy.

"Busy" is true, though more with work than fun stuff like this... I'll put myself down for map03 though.

Opulent said:

mw28 in 10:04.
feel free to improve this.

Nice job on a difficult map! Great movement and speed - well know characteristics of your lmps. I don't know how you do it but I hope one day I'll figure it out.

Also, with doom2's poor resolution and all that blue and red you surely had nightmares?

Map03 UV Max (5:35). Fun map, apart from the ease with which monsters can be missed. I'm sure I could get it under 5 minutes, but there would be an awful lot of 99%s along the way. :(

Maybe you'll find this entertaining anyway though. BTW, 6% health was more than normal when reaching the berserk. :D

Edit: Watching Opulent's mw31-300 inspired me to improve this one. So, mw03-451 attached, replacing the old one. It was certainly a nice surprise to see the stats at the end, after (as feared) a dozen or so 4:xx runs with 9x% kills.

mw03-451.zip

Rich said:

Nice job on a difficult map! Great movement and speed - well know characteristics of your lmps. I don't know how you do it but I hope one day I'll figure it out.

Also, with doom2's poor resolution and all that blue and red you surely had nightmares?

thanks. that was very kind.
Here's one that is a bit more optimized.
doom2.exe again.. so try Prboom. ;)
someday, I'll be able to have some time to watch your guys' demos, so I can comment on some of these.
mw31-300

mw31-300.zip

Opulent,

Hard to believe but your map 31 looks even faster than the last. Great reflexes. Very enjoyable lmp.

Opulent, Grazza,

I updated map 7 and map 12 with faster times.

I messed up on the update to "marswar map 7" so I mailed the zip to both of you asking if one of you would add the zip.

I correctly added the "marswar map 12" zip so you should find that one in the upload bin.

Thanks!

Rich's mw070426 attached.

It seems that once an attachment is removed (rather than replaced), a new one can't be edited in later, even by a moderator.

Oh well, postcount++ :p

mw070426.zip

Grazza said:

Rich's mw070426 attached.

It seems that once an attachment is removed (rather than replaced), a new one can't be edited in later, even by a moderator.

Oh well, postcount++ :p

Thanks for taking the time to get it out there. :)