Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Igor9

Pressing F5 on /lars like a god damn chimp

2.0.49 will fix the texture errors when I load up the savesgame. Right? Right? *sob*

Are you sure you had included all the wads when you loaded up the game again? I got that with Void (all the textures were different to what they should be) as I didn't include the music wad I loaded up first time round (it has a blank fist graphic for screenies). I quitted out and loaded it back up with the music wad and it was fine after that.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Are you sure you had included all the wads when you loaded up the game again? I got that with Void (all the textures were different to what they should be) as I didn't include the music wad I loaded up first time round (it has a blank fist graphic for screenies). I quitted out and loaded it back up with the music wad and it was fine after that.

No, ZDoom will warn you if you have not passed a WAD with -file for a specific
savegame.

Well, when I play E4M1 for example and I save the game and exit, the next time I load the save game it looks like this:
http://www.freewebs.com/igor9/DOOM0000.jpg

However if I delete the zdoom-%USERNAME%.ini file and reload the save game again, it loads up fine.
http://www.freewebs.com/igor9/DOOM0001.jpg

Of course, I lose all my setting and its a real drag setting them up everytime I play.

zdoom doesn't have perfect transitions between gamesaves across versions, especially the latest where the texture system has been rewritten entirely. if you really want to keep your gamesaves you can either just write down your stats at the start of a map and then warp there and simulate it, or keep both versions (in a second directory), just copy over your config file

Actually, I saved a game in 48.cab (Void.wad) and loaded it later in 48 and the textures were all nuts.

I believe it's because I added splash2.wad to my Skins folder sometime inbetween the save and the load.