68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you circumcised?

• Yes
    • No
    • I was, but I fixed it.
    • I am female.
    • I am female, but am circumcised. :(

Draconio said:

Except he wasn't apparently. It was just a small cut somewhere near his penis from which a pint of blood escaped in a short period of time, and it's nothing to worry about really.

Anyway, I'm really shocked to hear that circumcision is pretty much routine for everyone in parts of the USA. I always thought it was a mostly Jewish thing, with a small percentage of other cases where it is necessary for medical reasons. Well well.

Edit: A bit of digging around produced this, which explains the origin of the wide difference between the UK and the USA on this issue (scroll down to "British history" and "American history").

Grazza said:

Anyway, I'm really shocked to hear that circumcision is pretty much routine for everyone in parts of the USA. I always thought it was a mostly Jewish thing, with a small percentage of other cases where it is necessary for medical reasons. Well well.

Same here.

That's weird. I always assumed (evidently wrongly) that circumcision was a common practice. Maybe it's just cause I live in a city with a large Jewish population. Huh.

No, the conclusion from the link I posted is that circumcision used to be routine (or at least common) in both the UK and the USA, particularly the latter. However, a paper published in Britain proved influential enough that within a couple of decades almost no non-Jews were being circumcised in the UK. However, it had little or no impact on the other side of the Atlantic (or else was countered more vigorously), and that is why there is such a difference - and why it is still a common practice in the USA.

I don't know what the situation is in other countries. Maybe in mainland Europe it was never common at all; I don't know, and haven't searched for information on that.

BTW, female circumcision is prohibited by UK law. (Search for "Prohibition of Female Circumcision Act" if interested.)

Kid Airbag said:

That's weird. I always assumed (evidently wrongly) that circumcision was a common practice. Maybe it's just cause I live in a city with a large Jewish population. Huh.

I don't know anyone finnish who has been circumcised. I find circumcision to be as crazy concept as, say, having a newborn girl have breast implants. I can only wonder why it's still going on, especially in the U.S., as all the supposed advantages have been pretty much proven nonsense long ago.

AndrewB said:

I think it ought to be banned until after age 18.

I agree with that. Its one of the things I hate about myself, you know?

heh, circumsition must be a common practice for people around here. Why would I say? Well...

1.) None of the guys which to my delight that are naked in the boys lockeroom at school are uncircumsized

2.) None of my friends are either

So, heh, thats quite a few guys. I'd say it must be pretty common.

Python_Junkie said:

You missed the joke entirely...

Oh well, Blood was one of the games I never played...

spank said:

The foreskin is supposed to pull back when you're hard?

Holy shit. I have leftover skin on my wang.

Heh, thats what I always thought about mine :P

Seems it differs though, some do, some don't.

Not circumcised. As stated earlier in the thread, this is pretty much the norm in the UK. And as for [un]circumcised penises looking better or worse, they look pretty similar erect. I've never cared with either of the guys I've been with, and I've never really had a friend with major preferences one way or the other. Although from what I can gather, the uncircumcised penis has bad connotations in America.

Melfice said:

Yup.

Heh, uncircumsized dicks are a turnoff, atleast for me.

Just tie a pink bow around your partner's uncut cock and BAM! It's suddenly pretty.

Back on topic, no. Wouldn't mind it though.

Infinite Ammunition said:
Just tie a pink bow around your partner's uncut cock and BAM! It's suddenly pretty.

There's something very wrong and disturbing about that...but I'm not sure what.

Melfice said:

There's something very wrong and disturbing about that...but I'm not sure what.

I think that guy is gay or something, Melfice. Watch out.