Job

Family Guy versus The Simpsons

Which is better?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• The Family Guy
    • The Simpsons
    • Other

What's your opinion on which is better? I'd have to say that Family Guy has made me laugh far more consistently than The Simpsons. Sure you, can say that The Simpsons has more "adult humor" but I'd say that Family Guy does too. Plus that show's been going a bit down hill for a good while.

The Simpsons are a far more respectable show, even though I certainly enjoy Family Guy. It's a shame FG was cancelled since it didn't show any decline in quality at the end of its final (third) season, but pushing the limits of censorship was going to end the bold style of comedy eventually.

Vile said:

The Simpsons are a far more respectable show, even though I certainly enjoy Family Guy. It's a shame FG was cancelled since it didn't show any decline in quality at the end of its final (third) season, but pushing the limits of censorship was going to end the bold style of comedy eventually.

You know it's still on Cartoon Network, right? And with a possibility of contracting for more episodes.

Job said:

You know it's still on Cartoon Network, right? And with a possibility of contracting for more episodes.

Yeah, that was more in relation to the FOX censors though. :)

It's even more interesting because apparently the episode banned from showing before, When You Wish Upon a Weinstien, is set to air on Nov 2nd.

It's very hard to choose. I haven't seen too many of the recent simpson seasons but from what i've seen their pretty lame. Family guy usually has me peeing my pants laughing.

I go for simpsons since i've watched it for ages (about 10 years now).

Simpsons is funny, no doubt about it, but as for the more likeable show, it has to be Family Guy, hands down. Whereas only a few of the Simpsons episodes made me genuinely laugh out loud, Family Guy usually makes me laugh every time I see it.
So, Family Guy it is.

I grew up on The Simpsons (Hell, I wasn't even in grade school when it first aired), but Family Guy was a lot funnier. I dare anyone to sit through an episode and NOT laugh. But still, I liked Futurama better than both. I mean, it even had an AYB reference. :P

the_Danarchist said:

I mean, it even had an AYB reference. :P

yeah, cause everyone knows AYB is the epitome of humor

I'm not saying it was funny, it was just like "Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who knew that" (interestingly enough most people AREN'T internet junkies!)

SIMPSONS most definatly, FAMILY GUY has more adult humor...... but pfft...... the SIMPSONS have been on longer and it's by Mat Groening, he is the master of comedy.... that "DOH" is so unforgettable...........

Family Guy. I mean, come on, you can't tell me this isn't funny!

Peter : Hey, everybody!...Uh...Look what Chris's dad's doing!...*licks nipple*

"If you need anything I'll be on the veranda since you're already on the cross" -Brian

"OHMYGAWD it's the children of the corn!" -Peter

Darkhaven3 said:

I mean, come on, you can't tell me this isn't funny!

You mean the more low-brow, the funnier something is?

Personally, I was raised on Beavis and Butthead.

Who can forget frog baseball? Or the tire?

But since The Simpsons is syndicated to come on four times a day here, I'd have to say the Simpsons. Ultimate classic.

Family Guy is pretty smeet tho. I thought they got cancelled for the pre-9/11 reference tho ...?

ravage said:

"If you need anything I'll be on the veranda since you're already on the cross" -Brian

"OHMYGAWD it's the children of the corn!" -Peter

Isn't it "Holy crap it's the children of the corn?"

Anyway, the censored scene with Stewie at the airport is hilarious IMO. Plus the "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHAKE ME, SHAKE ME LIKE A BRITISH NANNY!"

They're both great shows, and I like to watch Family Guy when it's on (I've seen most of the Simpsons by now).

I like Futurama though.