Suicide

Suicide?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Suicide?

• Never seriously considered it
    • Seriously considered but never attempted
    • Attempted but failed
    • Attempted and succeeded

i wish stuart was dead, he stole her away from me... i wish there was an easy solution, i wish christine was in my arms, she doesn't know how much i love her :( i need her

Consider it often. For some of you, the morbid curiosity is amplified by threads like these ;). Consider reincarnation (I call it respawn). Perhaps we respawn back into the world - but with surplus population kicking in, there wont be many player starts left, so your eventually kicked from the server.

None of us are certain of what's next on the to do list when you snuff it.

zarcyb, Christine is no use wrapped in shredded zombie arms. Select a different strategy, first step being linking brain with hands.

Zarcyb - Do whatever you want, but don't let the cuts get infected. I don't self harm, but I had a real fucking nasty cut not so long back and it bled what was ostensibly some nasty fatty liquid and blood for a day before getting pretty infected. After that it oozed some rather unpleasant substance for 2 days before eventually drying up. So just in the interest of the wounds not looking too horrible, use TCP or something on them. But it certainly isn't gonna get the girl back, more likely to harm your chances. Has she told you at all why she left you?

As for suicide, I've indulged in two overdoses in the last two years, although the second one was very ill-advised. I draw a distinction between a suicide attempt and an attempted suicide attempt though. To explain further, I think that if you have absolutely no hope you will pick a way which is almost certainly going to snuff you out - one which leaves very little possibility of any other result. But I think the more common thing is to kind of go halfway - to do something which gives you a 50/50 chance of living or dying and not exactly caring which.

zarcyb said:

I seriously consider it every day these days. But it's just a way out, and it leads to a place I don't want to go. Self-harm on the other hand, well, I'm carving up my arm as I'm typing this because it makes me feel better, takes away the other pain.

You should seek professional help.

There's way too much talent in you to let go wasted :(

Discussing it on forums with ppl who understand and go through the same life stuff as you do is far better help for whatever your problem is here than some twat with a PHD IMO.

zarcyb said:

i wish stuart was dead, he stole her away from me... i wish there was an easy solution, i wish christine was in my arms, she doesn't know how much i love her :( i need her

Listen kiddo, you're 18 and you pulling this shit over a girl? I don't mean to sound harsh here but really it's the way I feel;

No one ever came back to anyone for the wrong reasons, no matter what was at stake. It doesn't ever work under those conditions. You're whining and pining over her isn't going to solve anything. You need to have some self-confidence, realise pretty fucking soon that she is not good enough for you, nor worth the perpetual hassle she's been to you lately. I've been in those IRC channels, I've seen this shit wearing you down and it's ridiculous because it's just not worth it. She's not worth it.

The thing you need to do now is get out of the fucking house, get yourself out and about with new people, new girls, and get your self-confidence back. And when that happens, you will become attractive to women and wonderful things will happen to you. I know what you're going through, I went there and frankly I cannot be arsed to go there again. I'm much happier now when I draw a line in the sand and move the hell on.

You've got to give yourself a chance mate.

You're all right. I'm feeling better today, I've started to realise the truth. You've all been a great help, as well as my friends in real life. I'm going to pick myself up off the floor and move on. Things are going to change.

Of course, a lot of the time I'm all talk and no action. I'm such a procrastinator. But let's hope that isn't one of those times.

Oh and sorry for hijacking a thread again. And for talking about myself a lot, I'm a bit selfish like that.

Thanks everyone.

zarcyb

Seriously considered but never attempted

A hard choice between 2 and 3. But I picked the above one.

pritch said:

The thing you need to do now is get out of the fucking house, get yourself out and about with new people, new girls, and get your self-confidence back. And when that happens, you will become attractive to women and wonderful things will happen to you. I know what you're going through, I went there and frankly I cannot be arsed to go there again. I'm much happier now when I draw a line in the sand and move the hell on.

Too bad it don't help for me, but whatever who care about me anyway.

Iv considered it a few times but I dont plan to ever attempt it I dont think anyway but meh who knows.

I've got a friend who recently moved from my area to Cali who's really thinking of deep-sixing himself over a girl. Apparently he's been depressed all his life, and after this girl said he meant the world to her he totally fell in love, and felt like he wasn't alone anymore or something. She suddenly stopped talking to him and now she's going out with another guy. He's been seriously considering cutting himself. It's scary. Before, he was always happy around me. Online, his buddy info had all sorts of funny shit in it, and he always had something funny to talk about or whatever. He was lively on the phone, and when I hung out at his place we always had a blast. Now all he does is mope around, his buddy info is full of really scary and depressing lyrics, and he's told me he wants to get away from all the pain. He's really losing it. I've been trying to talk him out of it, but nothing's working. This is really freaking me out, the kid's only 16! I hate people who think of suicide. It's like they're not thinking of any other way to solve their problems except to just quit. It scares me that people want to die so bad over events that they can work at to change, if they need to work at it at all. If a girl leaves you, it's not the end of the world. There's billions of girls out there. Sure you may have loved her, but there have been people out there who have been turned down just like you, and they survived. I was turned down by the girl that I thought was the ONE, and I didn't go cutting myself over it. I moved on, and had faith that I'd find someone else, because she CLEARLY wasn't the one for me. If she's the right one she'll stay with you, and if she's not then you can move on until you find the right one. Don't cap yourself over it.

I'm getting real worried about my friend, and I hope he does the right thing.

Hee hee, dying tickles! -Ralph

I've been depressed many times, but I get over it, and once or twice considered killing myself but soon I cursed myself for even thinking it. Childhood can be cruel, it's as simple as that, and it either makes or breaks the man. Decide now if you have anything to live for, and if you really believe you don't, FIND SOMETHING NOW!

Vile said:

...and if you really believe you don't, FIND SOMETHING NOW!

Like an Arch-Vile in case you change your mind afterward.

Ichor said:

Like an Arch-Vile in case you change your mind afterward.

You'd already be in Hell if you found one, so it won't help much. :)

Unless Earth was invaded, under those circumstances everybody loses.

Wife (modders), brother topped himself on Christmas day a couple of years ago. Their mom found him dead downstairs Christmas morning. It has seriously ruined every Christmas for her and modders since then.
Suicide just causes the ones you leave behind pain and suffering, you get off scott free.
AND the present I had bought him was non returnable!

fodders said:

omg thats cold

fodders said:

Man, that really sucks. =/

Heh, since we're on the subject of suicide...

When recording The Downward Spiral, people thought Big Man With a Gun and The Downward Spiral (the song) were rather morbid and dark.

Well, cut from the cd was a track that simply said in its lyrics "Just do it, no one cares at all."

I'd be interested in hearing that track, I'm curious now. I guess one of this co-workers on the cd told him he had to take the track off because of how morbid it was. (he referring to TR)

i'm pretty carefree on the issue of death and i think that's good.

Same here. I don't have anything particularly important tying me down, and for a while, as I posted on here, I was looking foward to biting the dust. I'm not quite so happy-go-lucky about it anymore, but I ain't afraid of death anymore. Maybe if I fall in love again I might get "more attached" to life, so to speak, but until then . . .

Actually, flying off a high building might be fun.

Without a doubt, if I kill myself, I'll be jumping out of a plane. Maybe even bring a parachute in case I change my mind. :P

Melfice said:

Well, cut from the cd was a track that simply said in its lyrics "Just do it, no one cares at all."

Heh...theres an APC song on their new album that has lyrics like that. The last few lines of the song are (from memory):

Disconnect and self destruct one bullet at a time,
What's your hurry - everyone will have his day to die,
If you choose the pull the trigger,
Should your drama prove sincere,
Do it somewhere far away from here.

After reading all these threads today, I'm considering changing my vote.

Nah...

zarcyb said:

Oh and sorry for hijacking a thread again. And for talking about myself a lot, I'm a bit selfish like that.

If it has helped you get through a serious problem, then it's well worth it.

i think i thought seriously about suicide when i was a teenager, but i never had the specific, detailed suicide plans that most seriously depressed people accumulate.

the point where i decided i'd never kill myself was when i had an extremely vivid dream about finding my corpse. it was so fucked up that i woke up short of breath. i could never do that to my family, so i never will.

What an appropriate thread for me, I actually attempted January of last year, I failed as you can see. Some people now are driving me to the point of it again.

I've always thought about suicide. I never attempted it though. I don't think my parents did the horizontal mambo 21 years ago just so they can find my cold, lifeless corpse today. That's one thing that keeps me going. Another thing is that I try not to consider every single problem as being the end of the world. Certainly it's enough to sweat (a lot) over, but that is life. Life is a constant struggle to prevent oneself from being worm food. To struggle, to suffer, to persevere through hardships and challenges is to be truly alive.

A truly gifted person on another forum said he never regretted doing anything because he believed that his experiences and his thoughts shaped him to become the person he is today. He also believes that if one chooses to look back into the past, one tends to stay there, swamped in "what if"s and "should've"s. He might not ever know what impact he had on me, but I am grateful to have read his words.

Well, life is "short and hard like a bodybuilding elf."

HWGuy said:

said he never regretted doing anything because he believed that his experiences and his thoughts shaped him to become the person he is today

Well, I hope any murderer who possibly happens to end up reading this guy's advice feels good about himself. After all, it was his experiences and thoughts that shaped who he was today, why regret?